Part 46: Rebuilding

Part 46: Rebuilding

[Year: 1990

Time: 6:27pm

Location: "Sydney's Tower", Sydney CBD, NSW, Australia]

-------------------------/ :: Caution :: \-----------------------------

The following contains scenes of intimacy between a young couple.

Please read with discretion.

______________________________________________________________________

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly can't believe how easily we got outta that one.

We met Tim back at the Stratostation and were greeted by him along with a dozen armed soldiers. We weren't followed but it was good to be cautious. The people around the station had been carefully maneuvered around the danger zone without disturbing them adversely.

We took another route away and then back to Sydney's Tower. Ah, it was good to be here again.

"We've looked over the dossier that you acquired along with all the data you've collected from Port Metro Vancouver base," Sydney flicked a file from her network to my console wirelessly and I opened it. There was a picture of that horrible man that I could hardly call a man after the cruelty he had treated Kepler and Kate to.

"We have identified the man that you unfortunately encountered. His name is Lewis Emerton, he was an average-joe techie and part time bouncer. That changed when his family were afffected by the time crisis caused by your device. The splinter sect from the Illuminati that were responsible for the Sydney and Thredbo attacks supplied him with a way of using the Exi-Suits they had acquired, then transported him back in time to form an organization by using those mind slaves he loves so much. We can only determine this man's vendetta but not the designs the Illuminati splinter group has for him. Somehow he has gathered quite a few of Project Superman's assets and soldiers enough to form skilled squads for his own purposes."

I related my memory of him to Sydney, "Sydney, I saw him among the indoctrinated fathers we released in Thredbo. He was smoking a cuban cigar then just as he was when we were captured."

"Yes, we've also looked at Deune's data from the Aeon Recorder with footage from Thredbo as well as... ahem. Well, we are dealing with that and some of my correspondences are at the Illuminati neutral zone now relaying this disturbing turnout. Meanwhile, Kate is-"

"How is she? Where is she? Can I go see her? What has happened?" I was desperate when I was reminded of how Sydney had tranquilized her on her arrival and had carted her off all of a sudden. I now know it was necessary but it felt too rushed. Deune went with the medics and had left me to discuss matters with Sydney while he too got some medical attention.

Sydney smiled at my protective side and ran her fingers through her hair for a moment before looking at me and said,

"Why don't you go see her yourself?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate was lying still on the operating table next to a folded up stretcher she came in on. She was breathing, but was she... okay?

The doctors all left the room and had sat outside.

It seems they were finished, but... why wasn't she up yet? It had been about 2 and a half hours since I wasn't near her and I know that the doctors knew how to deal with this with their past experience with Kepler, but- but...!!!