Part 48: Let's Roll

Part 48: Let's Roll

[Year: 1990

Time: 7:32am

Location: "Sydney's Tower", Sydney CBD, NSW, Australia]

Sydney arranged that Tim, Deune, Kate and I meet with the her along with some squad coordinators of hers at a conference/planning room.

The room had a desk in one corner and an even longer table in the middle. I saw the words 'Microsoft SURFACE' embossed in one side. Though there was a significant difference between the 'surface' I saw in a shop once and this one.

Was it custom made for this occupation?

Several files were spread across the screen and we all were shown duplicates of the files closer to where we were all seated or stood around the digital display table.

After pleasantries and 'How are you's were exchanged we all got down to business.

Sydney flipped over a certain image file and it repelled Deune, Kate and I greatly. Sydney acknowledged this and said,

"With Deune's efforts and the use of an Aeon Recorder Cube, or what some call 'data warehouse shunts', we have pinpointed Mr. Emerton's position and a few of the Que'nesians, who have intellectual property that you know he has, are working with us to Chronolock the entire region."

"Did you say the entire region?! That's-"

"They are taking big steps to ensure no one else gets the tech. They are even chasing up the splinter group of the Illuminati in order to find every trace of the misuse of their tech. The Que'nesians are taking this all very seriously. Oh and speaking of which, Alex,"

"Yes, ma'am?" This was a meeting so I felt it appropriate to call her that.

"Forgive me, but your conversation with Deune about the conspiracy was recorded, and your reasons for keeping such information secret are valid. The Que'nesians have been notified and are conducting a shadow investigation to not hurt Earth-Quenesha relations. Your conduct and that of the Que'nesian engineer you spoke to a while ago are both admirable."

I simply bowed. This was both humbling and an honor.

Sydney continued dicussing more and more details about Lewis "the snake" Emerton's location and current actions.

"We have limited all communication between him and any external entity or entities that may assist him. Teams have already taken care of the surrounding area, now all we need to do is move in. Deune, we will need you and the doc to come and talk with him before he is taken by Que'nesian authorities for his trial."

"So, your teams have secured the building already? No way he can get out by gating or anything else?" I enquired.

"There are a few troubles nearby, Tim, I'll leave that in your charge. Join my scouts and other teams to cover Alex. We will go in the front way and if anything happens, come to us from all sides."

"Yes ma'am," and with that Tim excused himself from the table, obtained the map and target data, synced it to his PDA, then headed out. Efficient worker if I can say as much.

"Ma'am, do we know what he had planned to do with the shopping list that he nearly had us working on? I need to know."

Sydney threw a picture up across the table with a few files.

"Does everyone know what exactly happened at Tunguska those many years ago?"

I always wondered what had happened then. So I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. Many others did the same. This was not only top information but people had worked on heavy disinformation for years.