Heartbroken pt 2

I didn't stay out by the cliff all night. Although I wanted too.

When I arrived back at the house, it was exactly the same as it was 2 hours ago.

Why would it be different?

I kinda just felt that the picture took such a poll on my heart, it would be powerful enough to crumble down the world in front of my eyes. But no, everything was exactly the same. Except me.

The house was pure black. I stumbled my way carefully back to my room, making as less noise as possible. I felt this weight on my shoulders, leaving a dull ache in my heart and head. The time on the alarm clock read 2:00am by the time I actually got to my room. I went straight to bed. My phone was buzzing, as if somebody was calling me. The fatigue came when I fell into my pillow, and without even realizing, I fell asleep.

"John, I'm sorry."

"Sorry won't cut it, Mackenzie." I spat. Getting up and starting to walk away. She clings onto my arm, tears breaking down her face.

Kenzie has the power to make me turn around and face her, "I'm sorry I let you down."

My own eyes began to prickle with tears. She didn't choose me, she never will.

"Just go away, go be with Ashton. Clearly he makes you happier then I do."

She gasped, releasing my arm and stumbling back. It took her a minute to recoup herself together and Kenzie tried again.

"I made a mistake. I don't love him. I love you, John."

"John.."

"John...."

"John!"

I woke up with my shoulders being shaken fiercely. It's my mom.

"Honey, it's almost 11:00. You should come and eat." She said, brushing hair out of my face before leaving my room again. I didn't care what she said, I'm not getting out of bed.

The curiosity of my phone buzzing over and over again made me pick up my phone. They were mostly from Instagram, a couple texts from her.

At this moment, I felt empty. I didn't feel upset, or angry, or betrayed, I just feel like the colour grey. I phone Kenzie, because I wanna hear what she has to say.

"John?" Her voice was frantic, but it still soothed me.

"Hey." Is all I say. What am I supposed to say? She just broke me heart.

Kenzie sighs on the other end of the line, and I imagine she just ran a frustrated hand down her face, something she always does.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For, the photo."

This made my blood boil. Why was she sorry? She broke up with me. She ended our relationship, not me. And she just automatically assumes I'm still in love with her and that I'm hurt over that photo? I am, but her assuming my feelings just gets me mad.

"Why would I care?" I ask, my heart races, but I try to keep a monotone. Kenzie's silent on the other end, and I suddenly feel bad.

"Right- Sorry. Bye."

I throw my phone across the room, burying my head in my pillow. I'm crying again.
Kenzie and I may be friends, but it'll never be the same again.