Its just a song

John tapped his pencil on his notepad over and over again in annoyance, his hand supporting his head while he worked away at his homework.

"I'd help you, but you're a year older then me." Kenzie said, noticing his frustration. She leans her head backwards from the beanbag chair, watching him from upside-down. Johnny scoffs and spins around in his chair, a leg crossed across his lap.

Johnny placed the chewed pencil onto his desk and walked towards his best friend who was currently visiting him in Toronto. Lauren was out today with his parents, so they had the house to themselves. Kenzie sighed, "Can we turn on the radio?"

The tired boy nodded, walking across his room and turning on the radio. Outside was cold and raining, but the song was a sunny and bright tune.

"Hey there Delilah..."

Kenzie smiled to herself. John and her always use to dance to this song. She stood up and faced him. Johnny has a confused look, but Kenzie cleared it up when she extended a hand to him. John smiled and graciously took it, spinning her around before wrapping his arms around her waist and she comfortably fitted her head onto his shoulder, arms around his neck. They swayed to the song.

"Give this song another listen, close your eyes..."

The two continued to dance, Kenzie was on the verge of falling asleep when Johnny spoke up.

"I'm glad your here." He says, rubbing circles on her back. Kenzie smiled, bringing her head up to face him, "Same here."

Kenzie continued to stare into his eyes, trying to say something but words refused to surface. What?" Johnny asked. Kenzie smiled it off, "Nothing. Just... us being here and this song.... I don't know."

Johnny smirked, "It's just a song."

Why did those words hurt Kenzie so much? This song meant so much to her. It's been by her side for years. Something that always manages to cheer her up. Happy memories surface in her brain of young Kenzie and Johnny dancing together outside on a bright and sunny day listening to it. Kenzie took a step away from Johnny, shaking her head.

"Um, y-yeah. You're right, um..." Kenzie mentally face-palmed herself for even thinking for a split second that Johnny could feel the same way she felt for him. Johnny smiled larger, "Kenz, I was just kidding."

Before she could do anything, Johnny had taken her hand and crashed his lips to hers. The pain in her heart was replaced with a burning sensation. Her brain taking a second to fully comprehend what's actually going on right now. Kenzie's knees felt weak, and as if Johnny could tell, he rested a hand onto her waist to steady her. They separated after a good 6 seconds, her eyes flicked open to see her best friend blushing.

She realized how hot her face felt too, a smile creeping up onto her lips that couldn't ever be removed.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that for." Johnny says, letting out a breath. Kenzie giggled, before reattaching their lips again.

Thanks for reading! Please please please leave requests in the comments for stories because I am not creative 😂❤️