22. I love you Kiddo!

Chapter 22

There was a chill in the air, black clouds partially covered the moon and the fog was beginning to slither in slowly swallowing everything in its sight.

The halls of Hogwarts were eerily quiet, scarily dark and empty, the only sounds echoing  throughout the halls were that of the moving staircases and whoever was left in the portraits had also disappeared as they also knew something was about to happen, leaving just an empty portrait.

Even the fat lady which lead into the Gryffindor common rooms has disappeared and left her portrait behind. Inside the Gryffindor common rooms and standing in front of the fire was Hermione, Draco stood slightly behind her with one arm around her waist, keeping her close to him. Standing in front and square in the middle of them both was Mackenzie. Hermione had her left arm draped over her daughters left shoulder, resting just over her chest and feeling her heart beat.

Mackenzie was holding onto Draco's right trouser leg, right near his knee and was humming quietly to herself.

Both Professors McGonagall and Slughorn stood opposite the three of them.

'Are you sure this plan is going to work?' Hermione asked, worry evident in the sound of her voice.

'I'm not sure if anything at this point in time Miss Granger,' McGonagall replied trying not to show how worried, and frankly scared she actually was.

'But what else are we to do?'

'It is now up to your daughter to finish this once and for all!' Minerva replied.

'Mummy,' Mackenzie said as she gently tugged on Hermione's hand.

Hermione looked down at her brown haired, grey eyed daughter before bending down so she was face to face and eye level with her. 'What's wrong baby?'

'Mummy look,' Mackenzie whispered as she lifted her hand up and touched her mother's face. Hermione closed her hand over her daughters and closed her eyes for a moment.

Draco watched Hermione and Mackenzie carefully, only glancing up for a moment to lock eyes with Minerva before his eyes wandered back down to his family.

It felt like a lifetime before Hermione re-opened her eyes and looked up at the man she loved.

'What did she show you?' Draco asked curiously as Hermione stood back up and looked at Draco before turning her gaze to Minerva and Horace.

Her eyes turned serious and her lips pursed into a thin line.

'The plan has just changed!'

***************

Ginny came down the stairs if her parents house and entered the living room, taking a seat on Harry's lap as he wrapped his arms around her waist and she cuddled into him. 

Pansy's parents were away on vacation so she had come back to the Burrow with Ron and sat on the floor between his legs, his resting his hands on her shoulders as she rested her head against his left leg with her eyes closed.

Molly walked in from the kitchen with Arthur trailing behind, six warms mugs of hot chocolate Molly was carrying on a tray and Arthur carrying a couple of bowls of chips.

'Lilly is fast asleep, oblivious to everything going on.' Ginny took a mug from her mother and passed it to Harry before grabbing another and holding it in both hands. 'Thanks Mum,'

Pansy and Ron also took a mug each, giving Molly their thanks before taking slow mouth fills as it would be hot.

'Thank you for letting me stay Mrs Weasley. I had no idea my parents were going on vacation again.' She mumbled, a bit of anger coming through in her tone.