A Girlhood

After the movie, Jean ended up driving the jeep back to the Brotherhood, her mood none to happy. Expessully when she saw Mystique standing there. She wondered how Melody would take the blue lady, but surprisingly, the person did not in anyway phase her. Which caused Jean to roll her eyes.

Kurt teleported in with Pietro and the blue boy sent a scowl at the lady, even though she was hidden in the shadows so most people couldn't see her. Most people wouldn't even think to look for her really, as this neighbor hood was way too quite. Then again… the Brotherhood might very well have chased every one away.

Fred heaved Lance over his shoulder, much to… from what Jean could tell… the rockheads anger… though she knew that he wouldn't be able to go anywhere by himself. Melody got up and went up to Mystique and watched as Kurt teleported Jean and himself away.

"Yo… rockhead here isn't feeling good…" was the first words out of the girls mouth.

"Might I ask who you are?" the woman asked.

"Family…" the girl laughed, causing the boys to slink away while Fred put Lance on the sofa.

"I don't think so… only those with abilities can come here," the woman commented.

"Yo… boss lady… she did use her ability to knock Lance for a loop!" Todd commented, hopping to the back of the sofa.

"Uh… real sorry about that…" the girl commented, sticking a finger into her mouth. Mystique stared at her for a few minutes.

"She says she stays with Lance…" Pietro commented. "Why not me… I'm hot."

"You're skin and bones," the girl commented. "That can so not be healthy… I thought it was just girls that got that way."

"Implying…" Pietro commented.

"Shut up!" Fred commented. "Lance had a major seizure attack."

This caused Mystique to spin on Fred. "The boy had what!"

"You… uhh… didn't know…" Todd twiddled with his fingers.

"It wasn't a matter of knowing… he hasn't had a major one since… good grief… out… all of you… except you!" Mytique pointed at the girl. "What do you think you were trying to do?"

"I'm sorry… when he tried to help me… I got scared… and out of my mouth…" the girl's voice suddenly shattered the lightbulbs.

"My… your voice is very pretty…" Mystique commented.

"Not… not when it hurts people trying to help you…" the girl commented.

"No… so he was being nice again. That dumb boy…" the blue woman shook her head. "He needs some rest… why don't you and I go talk at the kitchen table. And Lance… you know I'm going to have to put you on that medication for awhile… at least for a couple of weaks."

Melody heard the boy groan. "REAL sorry dude…"

She then followed the woman into the kitchen and motioned her to sit. "So… your name is?"

"They called me Melody…" the girl commented. "I… kind of have forgotten who I am… and when I fell through that portal…"

"That boy… he's smart… but sometimes he doesn't think things through…" the woman muttered. "Anyways… it looks like your going to be part of the Brotherhood… a rebuilding of the Girlhood that we need so desperately…"

A huge burp came from upstairs. Todd laughed. "Pietro… that was so gross!"

"And you guys said I… Mr. Skinny Bones… couldn't do it! Your turn Fred!" the boy commented, to which there came a really loud burp.

"Knock it off!" Mystique yelled. "Seriosly… we have someone not feeling good down here!"

"Yeah… Mystique is making Lance's headache worse by yelling!" Todd laughed from upstairs.

Melody fingered her chin. "It sounds like fun."

"What?" Mystique glanced at the girl.

"I bet I can burp a melody!" the girl said. She suddenly let out a length of burping sounds that was not normal… it had not only a melodic beat to it, but there seemed to be an abnormal control of it. It was as if the sound was also delicate… which couldn't be said about the burping sound as far as Mystique had thought… it was also haunting. "I've always liked making my own sound effects."

"Lovely… I've found another odd duck… am I going to have to arrange play dates with the X-Geek girls so that you act like you actually have manners?" the woman asked.

"Oh… don't worry… I only do stuff like this when I'm by myself… and not in front of a bunch of other girls. Guys are so different then hanging out with girls. I think I've been hanging out with a bunch of girls lately, so… I think that it has been quite awhile since I've done that silly thing. It doesn't make sense to most people why I would do it… but I have a natural talent… don't you think of making it sound nice instead of disgusting."

"Miss Melody… was the whole point of that… to make a burp sound… nice?" Mystique commented, staring at the girl.

"Yup!" she chirped. "Oh… and making sounds with your arm pits is cool… it sounds like rapping sounds, not just farting noises."

"What the hell has Lance gotten me into!" Mystique groaned.

"There is that term again… that speedy boy used it quite a few times!" the girl laughed. "And not one person has explained it!"

"You do not act like a girl, defiantly,"

"Yo… to the K-N-O-W-space-H-O-W, the know how… I don't do dumb things like this in front of my girlfriends!" the girl laughed.

"Do you even remember who they are?" Mystique commented.

"Well… no… but… something happened… I think there is something bigger going on… something evil… but something twistedly fun!"

"You are insane!"

"Hey… do you believe in Faeries?" the girl asked, pondering something. "I don't know why, but I do…"

"Please tell me you're not a Peter Pan buff…"

"Who's Peter Pan…" Melody muttered.

"This is going to…" Mystique stopped. "Any ways… we will enroll you in school tomorrow."

"Please tell me it isn't a bording school! I want to stay here!" the girl commented, her eyes wide.

"It's a public school… you'll be going with the boys…"

"Oh… that's odd… though I can't think of why…"

"I will now show you to your room," the woman said.