Chapter 3:Beacon

The doors to the transport opened and we stepped out with other students. We all looked at the Beacon of hope in front of us. I noticed that the core was still there over to the left of Beacon.

Y/n's thoughts:"Well Beacon looks the same, and the core is up and running, so that's good."

Ruby:"Ooh! Ooh! Guys! That kid has a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!"

Ruby was about to run off until Yang stopped her by pulling back on her hood.

Yang:"Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons."

Ruby:"Just weapons? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! They're so cool!"

Y/n:"Don't you adore your weapon Ruby?"

Yang:"Yeah, can't you swoon over your own weapon Ruby? Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby unfolded her scythe.

Ruby:"Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people. But better."

Yang:"Ruby, come on, why don't you go try to make some friends of your own?"

Ruby:"But why would I need friends when I have you guys?"

Yang:"Well... Actually, my friends are here gotta go catch up. 'Kay, c'ya, bye."

Yang then ran off with four other people leaving me and Ruby in the dust.

Ruby:"Wait! Are we supposed to go to our dorms?"

I stopped her when she almost backed up into someone's luggage.

?????:"Hey! Watch where you're going!"

Ruby flinched from the sudden voice.

Ruby:"Uh... Sorry."

I got a better look at the person and instantly realised that she was a Schnee. One, from her luggage having the Schnee symbol. Two, from the way she resembled Winter. Winter's little sister Weiss I presume.

Weiss:"Sorry? Do you have any idea how much damage you could've caused?"

She quickly grabbed a bag and pulled out a dust vial.

Weiss:"This is Dust mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry."

Ruby:"Uhh..."

Weiss:"What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, Water, Lightning, energy!"

She began to violently shake a red vial in front of Ruby.

Ruby:"Uhhh..."

Weiss:"Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself!?"

Ruby's nose sniffled from the dust.

Ruby:"Uhhhhaaaahhh-"

I stopped her from sneezing by placing my finger under her nose. I sighed in relief from possibly stopping a explosion.

Y/n:"If I may, my friend here said she was sorry."

I spoke to her.

Weiss:"Unbelievable! Do you know who I am!?"

?????:"Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world."

A girl with black hair wearing a black bow said while walking over to us.

Weiss:"Finally some recognition!"

I chuckled.

Y/n:"Oh believe me, I know who you are. I also know that your father has molded that same company to have controversial labor forces and questionable business partners."