2

“Ugh, El you have way to many books.” Westin says as he lugs a large box full of books and trinkets from my bookshelf.

    “I don’t even think that’s a thing so stop talking nonsense.” I say, shoving my box of clothes into the truck. We decided we would bring all the stuff we use all the time except our furniture, we’re including that with the house and we were selling a ton of stuff that was just collecting dust in random places. From my room there’s pretty much just clothes and books. Westin has been at our house pretty much 24/7 since we told him the news. He has spent every night on the couch. I guess he will miss us even though he hasn’t mentioned it so far.

    “If I had a dollar every time I’ve told her that this week, I’d be able to buy all her books.” Flynn pushes the last of my books onto the truck with a grunt.

    “Great work you guys. That’s everything.” My dad says patting Wes and Flynn on the back.

    “I guess that means you guys will be leaving soon.” Wes says rubbing the back of his neck.

    “Yeah El and mom have to leave for the airport in about 15 minutes.” Flynn says as mom walks up to us.

    “Are you going come to the airport with us, Westin?” My mom says and we all look to Wes.

    “Of course, I would love to see you off.”

    “Oh good. Let’s get going then. Our flight is in an hour and a half so the sooner we leave the better.”

    We all get into the car, mom and dad in the front and me, Flynn, and Wes all cram into the same row even though there’s another row behind us. We just want to be together one last time.

    Everyone is in gym clothes today. I’m wearing dark green, grey, and white colorblocked leggings and a dark green cropped hoodie with my hair in two dutch braids and my black nikes. The car does not smell great, since all of us have been sweating all this morning so I feel bad for anyone on the plane with me and mom. We get to the airport and me and mom grab our bags that have our necessities we need for the days Flynn and dad are on the road with our stuff.

    “Drive safe you guys, we’ll video call you when we get to the house.” My mom says hugging my dad and Flynn. “We’ll miss you so much, Westin. Visit us as much as possible, okay?” She pulls him into a big hug.

    “Of course I will.” He says hugging her back.

    I hug my brother and da before turning to Wes. “You better call me everyday, got it?” I give him an intimidating stare and he just laughs and pulls me into a hug.

    “No one could stop me.” He says and I hug him back trying not to cry.

    “I’m gonna miss you.” I say, but it’s muffled by his chest. He pulls back.

    “I’ll miss you too, Ellie.” I turn away before I start to cry.

    “Bye you guys. Love you.” I say. They all say the same and me and mom head to security. It’s fairly quick going through the airport, since we aren’t checking any bags. We sit down in front of our gate and there’s only 10 minutes before it says that we will be boarding.

    “I’m sorry we’re moving away from Westin.” My mom says putting an arm around me. “I know you really liked him.”

    “Well yeah, he’s been my best friend for forever. But I’m excited for this move, I’ve wanted this for a while, plus I wouldn’t see him much this year anyway, he’s graduated and would probably forget about me anyway.” My mom scoffed at that and gave me a knowing look.