1

"Elodie Windsor, wake up. You've got finals to get to." No, that was not my mom says that but just a little pep talk to me from me.

I rolled out of bed, nearly flopping on the ground, but I caught myself, unlike most days to be honest. I force myself to get ready, brushing my teeth, putting on makeup consisting of some concealer and mascara and chapstick, then, desperately trying to choose an outfit that is both stylish and comfortable, mostly failing at both, and finally heading downstairs. I ultimately decided on a white tee tucked into light wash, boyfriend jeans with light pink sneakers. I look in the mirror seeing my green eyes staring back at me. My button nose is covered in small freckles that spread out across my cheeks. My chapstick covered lips are nice and pink and my eyebrows are dark and messy, just my style. My brown hair is left undone, falling in curls down my back. I grab my purse and a granola bar and head out the door.

I do online school meaning the only school i actually have to physically attend is two days each semester to take my finals. This happens to be my second day of finals and 11th grade English is the only final I have left to take. I drive to the testing center and sign in to the test and sit at the computer with the least amount of people by it. I pull up the prompt since the english final is just a five paragraph essay. It only takes an hour before im up and out the door again.

I stop by a boba place to grab a drink to celebrate being done with junior year and grab one for my mom as well. I thank the guy, take my drinks, and leave. Once I got home I found my mom in the kitchen. Her and my dad were having what sounded like a serious discussion and stopped talking when i walked in.

"All done?" My mom asked.

"Yep! Easy peasy. Here i got this for you." I handed her the boba I got her while sipping my own. "So what's up? What were you guys talking about?"

"Were moving!" My mom blurted out excitedly.

I choke on my drink. "W-what?" I sputtered out.

"Well, since your dad works from home now and we've always talked about getting out of California, we decided it was a good time to leave." She said.

"Well where are we going? When are we going?" I question.

"We found a house in Delaware." My dad inputs.

"And so did your brother!" My mom screeches.

"What?! Are you joking?" I scream out.

"Yeah, we'll be neighbors with them!" She replies.

    My brother, Holden, got married about five years ago to my sister-in-law, Juliet. Since then they have had two kids. The oldest is my nephew, Ivers, who is three years old and then there’s my niece, Sawyer, who is one. I absolutely love all of them to death and it is pretty much my goal in life to live near them since they currently live two states away. For about two years now, my family have been trying to convince my dad to move. Both him and my brother work from home and can live wherever they want, so he and his family wanted us to move first so they could just follow after us. It has been a long time of us begging for it to happen and my dad saying no, I figured it would never happen, but I guess dreams do come true.

    “So when are we going?” I asked.

    “Well, we put in an offer for the house and the owners just accepted. However, this house has not sold yet. We need to get our stuff out so we can have people walk through. And since you just finished with school, we figured we can start right now, if you’re up to it.” My mom explained.

    “I have literally been waiting for this moment for years, of course I’m up to it!” I run upstairs to my room and start organizing everything.