▽20 ▽

One month later

  Hyojong stared at the curtains as the breeze from the open window carried them. Ever since he returned he returned to his shell-like state, the days flying by, dull and empty. His home remained still except for the low hum from the radio playing 24/7 to kill the suffocating silence. Hyojong sluggishly lifted himself from his bed, shifting towards the kitchen to make himself a bowl of cereal.

  After preparing his breakfast, Hyojong sat himself down at his table and started to shove spoonfuls of the milk and cereal into his mouth. As Hyojong ate his cereal, a familiar tune played faintly from the radio, which left him frozen in place. Quickly the boy reached the radio, turning up the volume. The song that played through the speakers struck his heart as it was the very same song that he had worked so hard on with his friend, but instead of the vocals just being of his and Hwitaek's like when they were producing the song, other voices were featured which he recognized to be the voices of his friends. As to how it was playing on the radio left the boy confused. Hyojong remained stuck in place as the song continued to play.

  Just as the song reached to an end, there was knocking on Hyojong's door. Still in shock, he slowly made his way to answer the knocking. Behind the door, Hyojong was met with Hwitaek's wide grin plastered all over his face. The moment the small boy saw his hyung he immediately pulled him into his arms, engulfing him into a hug, Hwitaek hugging back.

  "Wh-what made you come back?" Hyojong whispered into the older's chest, barely audible. "I realized what I lost and wanted it back in my life." Hwitaek looked down to the small boy as the hug separated. "But what about Shinwon?" Hyojong looked down to the floor, embarrassed. Hwitaek reached his hand out to raise the younger's chin up to look at him, "It wasn't love, Dawnie. Yeah, I had feelings for him once upon a time, but you made me realize what love really is.". Hyojong was at a loss of words and just stared , unable to believe the words Hwitaek were speaking were directed towards him, as if it was a dream or a hallucination. Hwitaek let out a soft giggle and leaned in towards the younger's face, "Now are you going to stare at me all day or are you going to kiss me again?", Hyojong immediately completed the kiss, the fireworks returning and making him feel at home.

  This is Hyojong's home, in his hyung's arms, lips pressed against each other, and just in love, and he never wanted to be separated ever again.