Gandalf's POV

I was sitting in Rivendell,next to Frodo's bed.I smiled when I saw him waking up.

Frodo: "Where am I?"

Me: "You are in the house of Elrond.And it is 10:00 in the morning on October 24th, if you want to know."

Frodo: "Gandalf!"

Me: "Yes, I'm here.And you're lucky to be here too.If it hadn't been for Caladwen,a few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid."

Frodo: "Caladwen? Is she ok?"

Me: "Calm down,my dear boy.She is fine and she is glad that her gift worked."

Frodo: "What gift?"

Me: "She gave up something very special to her, just to save you."

Frodo: "What was it?"

I smiled.

Me: "Her immortality."

Sam: "Frodo!"

Frodo: "Sam!"

Sam: "Bless you, you're awake!"

I smiled.

Me: "Sam has hardly left your side."

Sam: "We were that worried about you.Weren't we,Mr.Gandalf?"

Me: "By the skills of Lord Elrond,you're beginning to mend."

Elrond walks up next to me.

Elrond: "Welcome to Rivendell,Frodo Baggins."

.......

I am now talking to Lord Elrond.

Elrond: "His strength returns."

Me: "That wound will never fully heal.He will carry it the rest of his life."

Elrond: "And yet to have come so far still bearing the Ring...the Hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil.My goddaughter,is the only one that its evil can not corrupt.And she can't carry it because she is to pure."

Me: "It is a burden he should never have to bear..We can ask no more from Frodo."

Elrond: "Gandalf,the enemy is moving.Sauron's forces are massing in the East.His Eye is fixed on Rivendell.And Saruman, you tell me, has betrayed us.Our list of allies grows thin.And it is not only the Ring that he is after,he wants to kill Caladwen."

Me: "I know.And Sarumans treachery runs deeper than you know.By foul craft, Saruman has crossed Orcs with Goblin-men.He's breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard.An army that can move in sunlight and cover great distance at speed.Saruman is coming for the Ring."

Elrond: "This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves.We do not have the strength to fight both Mordor and Isengard!....Gandalf...the Ring cannot stay here."