Chapter Eleven

"I cannot believe you're doing this! You're going to get in so much trouble! They're going to see you in all your womanly nakedness and our asses are fried! My ass is fried! You need to get out of the water!" Mushu whisper shouted from the bank of the river to Lanie's floating figure in the middle. The winds were still tonight so it looked like she was bathing in a pool of moonlight that had gathered on the water's surface. The water was blissfully cool against the humidity of the night and Lanie's muscles instantly started to relax as soon as she started floating, hair billowing out around her as much as it could with her new boy cut. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but she missed her long hair.

"Mushu why don't you take a bath too and remove that stick from your ass?" Lanie called with a chuckle.

"I do not- How could you-" he gasped and Lanie only laughed, pushing herself further out into the water.

"Just because I look like a man doesn't mean I need to smell like one!" she responded and ducked her head underwater before she could hear his retort. She opened her eyes under the water and even though it was murky she could still see the full moon shining above her.

When her mother first started traveling a lot when Lanie was younger, her mother would always tell her that no matter where in the world she was, no matter how far away, they'd always be looking at the same moon. She'd point out the window, past the curtains, to the glowing orb in the sky and Lanie's heart rate would slow down and she'd feel much better afterward, knowing her and her mother were forever connected. For after all, how far could someone really be going if you both looked up into the sky and saw the same thing?

Blinking hard, Lanie pushed herself to the surface and gasped for air and then gasped when she saw Yao sprinting towards the water naked, before flying into the air and landing like a cannonball. She ducked her head under and covered her chest and started swimming diagonally away from them towards the shore.

How long had she been in the water? Why was their football game over so soon? And where the hell was Mushu and Khan with her towel and clothes?

"Ping! Is that you?" Linc called, submerged in the water himself. He started wading over to her and Lanie kicked faster. Swimming without arms in freshwater was harder than she thought.

"Uhhh, yep! Just getting out, I'm starting to wrinkle up pretty bad," she called, groaning as the other two followed behind Linc. Seeing them shirtless, much less being in the water naked with him, was something she had never wanted to experience. Ever.

"Awh come on! Let's play Marco Polo or something! Loosen up a little!" Yao called, swimming harder and faster than Po or Linc.

"I was never really fond of those games. I think I'd like to use my free time to rest up a little, read the book I brought with me. You know, relax a little," Lanie tried. She had finally reached the shore but if she got out now there was no doubt in her mind that they would notice her rounder than normal butt, the curves of her hips, and not to mention her breasts, no matter how hard she tried to conceal them.

"Ping you gotta loosen up a little, come on," Po told her gently, stepping close to her. Lanie sunk further into the murky water.

"I-"

"Ping! Ping where are you?" a man's voice shouted from the wood. All heads spun to look at the dark line of trees where Shang's voice rang out.

"The pond?" she called out meekly, sinking so far into the water that the water was over her chin.

"Well get your ass up here, I haven't got all day!" he shouted and Lanie frowned and glanced at the three men around her. How the hell was she supposed to get out of this situation, up onto the bank, get dressed, and face Shang?