Chapter 24

Chanyeol found her on a bench near the sidewalk. He took small steps and sat beside her quietly. She was looking in Oblivion.

"The weather is getting chilly" He said rubbing his hands together.

She didn't reply nor she looked at him. Chanyeol sighed and took his jacket off, draping it over her shoulders.

"I'm all ears" He exclaimed straightening his long legs in front of him.

She remained silent for a while and then she took a breath and begin.

"He's a jerk" She mumbled while fresh tears started to prick in her eyes.

"I agree" Chanyeol nodded solemnly.

"He's mean" She said with a hoarse voice.

"Totally true" Chanyeol nodded once again.

"He's obnoxious" She said with a crack in her voice.

"I can't deny it" Chanyeol shook his head.

"I hate him"

She broke down in tears once again. Putting her face in her hands, she sniffled quietly. Chanyeol pulled her in a brotherly hug. He patted her back softly.

When her crying died down, she pulled away wiping the tears off of her cheeks.

"You're absolutely correct, he's a jerk, he's mean, he's obnoxious, but he's not a bad person" Chanyeol said looking at her.

"What does those terms represent then?" She scoffed.

"He had a reason for punching that prick, and it's a good one" Chanyeol looked at her with a serious face.

"He has a good reason for punching my guest?" She pointed towards herself with raised eyebrows.

"It should have been me. I'm still thinking why didn't i punch him. What kind of a friend i am" Chanyeol scowled at no one in particular.

"I'm not getting you?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Baekhyun must've been so hurt" He mumbled.

"Chan you need to talk like a person, what did Jae do?" She asked sternly.

Chanyeol looked at her, scanned her face and then sighed.

"He brought the old wounds" He said while looking at the sky.

"What wounds?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I don't know if i should tell you this because it's up to Baekhyun but Jiah he would never do something like that just to torture you or humiliate you, he had a reason and a very good one. If you think he hates you or so that is totally not true, I'm his best friend since we were toddlers and i can guarantee you on this" He almost pleaded her to believe him.

She took a sharp breath "The reason. What's the reason?"

"He called Baekhyun a murderer" Chanyeol mumbled.

Jiah looked at him wide eyes "I'm sorry?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"His brother. Baekhyun was driving the car that night and they got into accident, Baekjoon declared dead at the scene"

Her breath caught in her throat.

"Baekhyun was in a coma for a week. When he woke up, the first words of his were "How's Hyung?"

Chanyeol stopped and took a deep breath. He blinked back the tears and then started to speak again while Jiah's eyes started to fill with tears.

"He had a hard time, he mourned for seven years. He couldn't attend his own Brother's burial. He blamed himself for that night. He had nightmares or maybe he still gets them. When it happened, Baekhyun totally changed. He stopped meeting us, he stopped sleeping around, he stopped talking about girls. he stopped everything. He would lock himself in his room all day".