Chapter 24: Thanksgiving

Jazmine's POV

"Girl get up ! It's Thanksgiving you can't sleep all day." My mom pulls the cover off me and opens the blinds, making me squint my eyes.

"It's 12 o clock, getcha behind up."

Wow 12 o clock. I can't believe I even slept this late considering that I went to sleep before 10 even hit. I sit up on the bed and take a glance at the clock, smacking my teeth. It was only 11:32. Talkin bout some 12 o clock.

I go to the bathroom and do my morning routine, and then come out and speak to the remaining family upstairs.

"Hey Jaz, could you help with something right quick ?" My brother's fiance calls out as I'm passing their room.

"Yeahh wassup ?"

"Can you fix Ava's hair for me ? She won't sit still for sh- I mean crap, so the twist keeps coming aloose."

"Of course." I laugh, giving Ava a bunch of kisses as she giggled adorably. I retwist her hair and straighten out her clothes while Arianna fixes Aja's hair. They looked adorable. Ava was dressed in a denim button down shirt with a black tank top underneath. She had olive green pants on with some small black boots on her feet. Aja was cute as well, with her cream-colored sweater and black tights, cream boots on her feet as well. I give Aja some kisses and then head back to my room to get myself situated as well, purposely ignoring Michael's room.

I start off by pulling out my outfit. As we know, thanksgiving is damn near a fashion show for black families. Just walking around the house cute as hell, waiting to eat. I had picked two different outfits to wear because I'm very indecisive. One included a burnt orange cardigan with a grey loosely-fitted undershirt and high-waisted ripped jeans. The second was a tan colored cardigan that had a bit more of a flare to it in the front with a pale colored undershirt that crossed in the back and a pair of lighter colored jeans with rips at the knees. I decided on the first outfit since it had more color to it.

I put on my clothes and sat down at the vanity set to do my makeup. I settled for a more natural look, with a hint of a orange in my crease area, and then I added my mink lashes. I do a sort of brown and orange ombre effect on my lips, and then start on my hair. I went through my hair with the hair curler, adding some big, loose curls to it. As I put in my earrings, I heard a light knock on my door.

"Come in."

Not to my surprise, it was Michael.

"So everybody gets a good morning but me ?" I didn't even bother looking at him, I just kept looking at myself in the mirror as I added my accessories.

"I guess" I simply said. There was a short silence.

"Did you bring me here just to be an ass the whole time ?" He said, instantly irritated.

"Is my baby Jaz in here ?" I heard a familiar voice say from the hall as they approached my room. I flew off the stool out of excitement.

"Darnell !" I yelled, flying into my cousins arms. Darnell was my one and only favorite cousin. I mean, my other cousins were fun and stuff, but nobody could top Darnell. We'd been attached since birth. We're literally born 3 days apart. I hadn't seen him in about 2 years since I didn't come for Thanksgiving last year, and he didn't show the year before that.

"Nobody told me you'd be here !" I said, still excited.

"I know" he laughed. "I told them not too. I'm surprised those heifers actually kept a secret."

Michael walked out the room and down the stairs, clearly still mad. I'd forgot he was even in here.

"How's Indiana been treating you ?" I asked.