Chapter 18: Realization

Devin's POV

*POW* the gun goes off.

Jazmine screams loudly and pushes Michael out the way. The bullet barely misses her, going right past her neck. She drops to the floor and immediately starts panicking.

"I'm dying ! i'm dying ! oh my God !" She over dramatically cries.

"Babe you're not dying." I say to her, now on the ground with her holding her face. She instantly calms down and looks me in my eyes, then she slaps me hard as shit.

"What the hell Jazmine ?!"

"That's what your dumb ass gets for trying to shoot her." Michael chimes in.

"Shut the hell up. I was trying to shoot you." The moment I say it, realization hits me. She practically jumped in front of a bullet for this nigga.

"You-" A knock on the front door interrupts me. Jazmine gets up and walks to the door.

"Yes officers ? Can I help you ?"

"Is everything okay over here ?" I hear the officers ask. I immediately slide out of their sight. I don't even like being seen by the police.

"Yes sir, everything is fine." Jazmine responds in her little innocent voice.

"Are you sure ?" He starts to peak into tho house. "Your neighbor called with a complaint saying there was a bunch of yelling going on over here. We heard a gunshot as we were pulling up to your house." I hate these nosy ass neighbors.

"A gunshot ? Oh no that wasn't over here. I heard it as well though. Maybe a few houses down." See this is why I love her. Her and the officers exchange a few more words and then they leave. The moment they drive off she becomes a totally different person.

"What the fuck is wrong with y'all stupid asses ! Shooting fucking guns at my house and shit ! Got the neighbors in my business, damn police pulling up ! AND Y'ALL ALMOST FUCKING SHOT ME !"

"HE almost shot you. I didn't pull the trigger." Dumb ass decides to chime in.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO IT WAS ! BOTH OF Y'ALL ARE BEING CHILDISH AS HELL !"

"Baby I-"

"Get out ! Just get the fuck out !" She cuts me off before I can speak. We both sit there, waiting on the other person to move.

"BOTH OF Y'ALL ! NOW !" She yells as she slams the bathroom door.

Michael gets up, and I follow.

Once I reach my car, I see Jazmine's phone sitting in the passenger seat. I was so mad to see another car outside that I completely forgot what I originally came over here for. I walk back up to her doorstep and knock on the door.

"What !" She says aggressively, swinging the door open. I give the phone to her and she snatches the box before slamming the door in my face.

******

Jazmine's POV

I am pissed. No, I'm beyond pissed. I'm livid, straight furious. I pace back and forth from the living room to the kitchen, waiting for my new iPhone to cut on so I can call my best friend.

As soon as I set my phone up and log into my icloud, my phone starts dinging like hell. Notifications from my mom, my dad, Makayla, and a few others start to roll onto my screen. I read the messages from Kayla first and then call her.

"Hello"

"Girl I'm pissed ! These dumb fuckers done came to my fucking house shooting and shit ! Bitch almost fucking shot me ! Then the police done came I'm trying to play it cool and shit in front of them.. Dumb ass neighbors tryna get me fucked up. And then --"