Chapter 7 Jail Time

Jazmine's POV

My adrenaline is still pumping and my blood is still boiling. I can't believe that this sack ass nigga is cheating again !

After I was just telling Kayla about how he'd been doing so much better and I was finally happy and yatta-yatta-yatta.

I just feel so.. stupid. Once again.

But honestly, I can't even be mad at him cause it's my fault more than anybody else's. I was the dumb ass that took him back time and time and time again, hoping for a change.

You know what they say, fool me one time shame on you. Fool me twice can't put the blame on you. But hell, he done fooled my ass 1800 times. Just thinking about it makes me break down.

"Watch your head" the office says pushing my head down into the car. That's when reality kicks in. I'm about to go to jail ! I've never been to jail before I don't know what to do !

I start sobbing 10 times harder. I look at Kayla and she's just talking mad shit about Devin and the girl we fought with tears rolling down her face.

"Kayla we going to jail !" I say in an ugly sob

"Bitch I know !" She yells before she starts crying just as hard as me. She continues rambling about how she might get fired from her job and how her man will be sitting at home hungry because she left his food.

I look back towards Zaxby's as we start to pull off and see Devin helping this hoe up. He doesn't even care about the fact that he just got me locked up ! All he cares about is if she's okay like she's really his girl or something ! I am so pissed now I can't even explain it...

*******

We're at the Atlanta Grady Detention Center and I'm shaking out my panties right now. Kayla and I take our mugshots and we're both crying the entire time. They give us these ugly orange jumpsuits with some big grandma panties and some shoes that look like the ones you get when you've just gotten your toes done at a nail salon.

"Ummm..." Kayla's scanning the panties, holding them very lightly as if they're some type of infection or disease. "What am I supposed to do with this ?"

The officer looks at Kayla and chuckles. "Well you can do what you want with them but most people typically wear them."

She rolls her eyes "Ion look good in orange" The officer looks at her again and shakes hers head.

As we follow the officer to our pod, I look through the different windows and see a bunch of women eating what's supposed to be food. Most of them look so manly, all tatted up with braids to the back like Cleo from Set It Off.

"So what time are we going to see the judge ??" I ask in a slight panic.

"Ooh baby neither one of you will be seeing a judge today"

"Huh ??"

"Today's Friday. The judge won't be available until Monday"

"MONDAY ?!" Kayla and I both shriek.

"This must be both of yall's first time in jail ?"

"Yes" I say nearly in tears. I can't believe I have to spend 2 days in here! All I can do is cry.

"Toughen up sweetheart. The weaker you look, the quicker they come. You're a pretty one too. Be careful." She says this with a smirk as opens the door to our cell. At least we have a cell together.

We put our stuff down and prepare to talk to each other until we realize that the officer is still standing at the cell, appearing to be waiting on something. We look at her waiting for an answer to whatever she's waiting on.