Life sucks and Karma's a bitch

Since Lucy was young, she kept getting attacked by mysteries people from time to time. Every time they attack her, they always come out of nowhere and disappear like they're ghosts. Once she thought it was her imagination but that made her re-think about it. She was around 13yrs old when it happened, a guy dressed in dark violet/black appeared from behind, and he was kind of floating in the air and seemed to be coming from portal. He pulled a dagger from his dark sleeve, and was ready to stab me right into her chest. It seemed like something went wrong, the portal was kind of unstable, and it wasn't able to stay still. He was like transparent; his dagger went through her but it still made a scar to her left shoulder. It was able to make scar but any deeper would make it life threating, and just like that he disappeared, but before he vanished into thin air like he doesn't exist he disappeared with grin on his face and mouthed something. She couldn't make out what he mouthed because she was on the ground losing her consciousness. After this incident, nothing strange ever happened she was happy but there was loneliness in her heart which was never healed.

3 years have been since that incident. She is now 16yrs old, first year of high school. She is living with her aunt Haruno, the only family she has. When she was born, her mother died giving birth to her, since then her brother hates her as he think that she was the reason his mother died. Her father couldn't stand the way his son treated his daughter, so he made her live only in an apartment near to her school. One day, aunt Haruno popped up and said she was her aunt from her mother sides. Since then her aunt stayed with her.

Lucy P.O.V

"Wake up already, we're going to be late for school." Scar-chan said as she tried to wake me up.

"Fine, you're so annoying," I said annoyed "I just have to get ready, eat breakfast and we're off" I said getting up from bed. After getting ready, I went downstairs to get breakfast. Aunt was getting ready to go to her office. I said bye to her left the house with Scar-chan shouting about how I should awake up early so we can go to school early and all. We reached to school in 13 mins because the school is near my house. We entered school through  the main gates and came a big white car which is used by royals of the countries there came a guy in a black suit seem to be a security guard and opens the door, we stood there for a while and I whisper to Scar-chan "here comes Mr. Popularity". As he opened the door and came out a guy with black hair and grey hair, every girl in the school started squealing, well not us at least. He walked through the gates as he smiled at everyone and his eyes landed on me, we stared at each other for a while and suddenly we turned our heads in the opposite direction. He clicked his tongue, as he walked away I folded my arms over my chest "let's just go, I can't stand being in this atmosphere anymore" I said and walked to the class with Scar-chan following behind me. Class lessons went by quickly and now I am eating my lunch when Scar-chan asked me "why do you hate him so much".

"You don't know," I questioned her. "Don't act foolish with me. He ruined my reputation in the whole school. He is the reason why I'm all alone in the corner of the dining hall and only have you as my friend, my only friend." Scarlet was kind of shocked with my response. "I am-" she was cut off with few guys laughing their heads off and looking at us or more like pointing us and when we looked at them, they started laughing hard. 'Oh no, I have a really bad feeling about this'. Before I had a chance to know what is going on, something cold was poured on my head and heard this soft voice behind me saying "were you talking about me a minute ago". "Lu, take a deep breath and count to ten backwards." Scar-chan whispered to me.  I did just like she told me....

Ten...

Nine...

Eight...

Seven...

Six...

Five...

"Aww! A friend to your rescue, so cute"

Four...

Three...

"Giving up without a fight, huh?" he smirked as he said and came closer

Two...

One...

"Wait a sec, could it be you're a scaredy cat"

"Shut up idiot, I'm not someone who backs out without fight but this is a special case so you better stay away from me and my friend. If you try anything like this again, you suffer really badly that I will make you wish you were dead" I growled at him and walked away.

--------------------------------------Time-skip--------------------------------------

I was walking home alone; Scar-chan had a club meeting so she couldn't come with me. I think it's good she not here cause I feel really weird after the talk with him, actually scratch that after the fight with him. I opened the door to my house and Aunt is in the kitchen making dinner I think. "Hey, how was school?" aunt asked as she turned around leaning her butt on the breakfast bar, waiting for an answer. "Great, just great!" I said sighing. "Okay, what happened?" "What are you talking? Nothing happened" I said trying to cover up and look confused. Aunt Haruno didn't buy it, she raised her eyebrow, and she pushed herself from the bar and walked towards me. "Tell me what's wrong? I know you more than anyone does." I have no way out. "Okay well you know him; he was making fun of me again." "Him meaning Ryota Takishima, the popular kid. Well it can't be helped now can it?" she sadly smiled and said. I wasn't sure why but that smile reminded me of someone but can't put a finger on it.  I left the kitchen with one thought on my mind 'why does life suck?'. Aunt came out of nowhere and said like she read my mind "Suck it up, life alwaya sucks" and left. 'how did she do that'. I went to my room and layed on my bed, thinking about today and fell a sleep thinking 'karma's a bitch'

   -------------------------

A/N: Well, my first book ever!! Sorry if there are any grammar mistake in the book. I might take a while with the new chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the book so far!

Love,

Monmon