Bad First Day

It's the start of the new year for Luna and her friends. And it's a whole new school. But Luna has a secret. She's in love with her best friend, Nathan.
As she walks to school she thinks to herself
" This is a fresh new start. Think positive. Everyone will love you."
Upon reaching school she is sent in to the assembly. She's late. Everyone turns and looks at her, not the greatest first impression. Luna hurries to the back of the room and sits down, next to her sits Nathan. She smiles happily at him, he smiles back. Nate whispers quietly into her ear,
"Why you late?"
She thought about her answer carefully, should she play it into her favour or should she say the truth. She decided, play it.
"I had an anxiety attack and over hyperventilated." She lied in whisper.
Nathan's smile disappears. A look of worry and shock replaces the no gone smile.
At the end of the assembly he takes Luna to the nurse. He explains what happened and the nurses face goes puzzled. Luna then spends the whole of the day in the nurses office. When she's finally allowed out she goes and finds Nathan at the bus stop. She stands behind him glaring at him until he finally turns around.
"What's up?" He asks questionably.
"I spent the whole of my first day of Secondary School in the nurses office." She glares at him more.
"And?"
"And I'm pissed."
"Why?"
"Because I wanted to hang out with you today and not seem like the ill or weird kid in Year 7!"
The Bus turns up stopping Luna on her rant.
" Why'd you want to hang out with me today?" Nate asks.
"It's fine you wouldn't get it even if I explained." She answered harshly.
Luna wasn't at school for the rest of that week. Instead she sat in her bedroom and cried over photos of her and Nate hanging out.