Chapter 3: Overheard Conversations

I woke up the next morning at 6:30. I quickly hopped into the shower trying to forget all the stuff Jenna and I discussed yesterday. After I got out, I dried my hair just leaving it natural. I wasn't wanting to do my make up today so I just applied a small amount of concealer and powder. I went back into my room and rummaged through my clothes to find something to wear. I finally decided on my white tee that said 'Music Is My Boyfriend,' my skinny jeans, and my maroon vans. I actually was pleased with my appearance today. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Jenna had already poured me a bowl of cereal, but it was already soggy, so I decided I just wouldn't eat this morning.

Jenna walked into the kitchen saying "Are you ready to go? It's 7:20."

"Yeah, I think I'm ready." I say.

"Okay then, let's go short stuff." She says while walking out the door.

"You know I hate when you call me that. I'm not short, I'm 5'2. Which quite frankly is taller then most of the girl population in my school." I say jokingly.

"Whatever, short stuff." She says laughing while I just growl at her.

As we pull into the school drop off Jenna says "You should talk to that Michael guy."

I laugh and say "Mmm probably shouldn't, bye."

I hop out of the car and see Abigail about to open the door so I scream her name.

She whips around and says "Kylie, thank goodness I thought I'd have to go in alone."

"You go in alone almost everyday." I say laughing.

"I know, but I hate it." She says while laughing.

As we walked in we looked at the time seeing it was only 7:40 and we are not allowed to go in our classes till 7:45, so we just stand there talking about anything.

"So I kind of saw Michael stop you yesterday from going out. Mind to tell me what happened?" She asks.

"Jenna asked the same thing, basically he said it was my fault for running into him, he asked why I hated him and I said he's an ass, he said I shouldn't have said that, I asked why, and he said once I was able to get him, I was stuck with him." I say while huffing.

"Holy damn! That was smooth. Anything else?" She says.

I hit her arm and say "Yeah yeah whatever, anyways when I got in the car Jenna said I had to admit to thinking he was cute, so I did, he isn't too bad. Then she said Mom and Dad would love seeing me have a crush." I say.

Abigail then threw her arms up screaming in the middle of the hallway "KYLIE HAMPTON HAS A CRUSH!"

I immediately threw my hands over her mouth. "Shut up! Don't let the whole world know." I say.

"Oh come on! It's adorable you haven't had a crush since that one guy back in 7th grade." She says.

"I know, but fuck, not everyone has to know. Just please don't tell anyone who it is exactly." I say.

Abigail huffs and says "Fine, whatever mother dear."

*Michael's P.O.V*

I was walking down the hallway when I noticed Kylie and that one girl she always hangs out with talking. I decided I'd be super quite and hide behind this one wall so they couldn't see me.

I was listening in on their conversation when I hear "So I kind of saw Michael stop you yesterday from going out. Mind to tell me what happened?" Her friend asks.

Kylie huffed while saying, "Jenna asked the same thing, basically he said it was my fault for running into him, he asked why I hated him and I said he's an ass, he said I shouldn't have said that, I asked why, and he said once I was able to get him, I was stuck with him."

Her friend said "Holy damn! That was smooth. Anything else?"

What the hell? It wasn't that smooth.

Kylie then proceeded by saying, "Yeah yeah whatever, anyways when I got in the car Jenna said I had to admit to thinking he was cute, so I did, he isn't too bad. Then she said Mom and Dad would love seeing me have a crush."

Her friend then started screaming "KYLIE HAMPTON HAS A CRUSH!"

"Shut up! Don't let the whole world know." Kylie says.

I was shocked. I started walking to my first class thinking of what I just heard. Kylie Hampton? The girl I'm always an ass to, likes me, Michael Clifford. Why would she like me? I'm nothing special.

A/N: Hey-o lovelies! Late update, sorry. I might update again today, but it'll be a filter if I do. I know I promise a double update but I'm under the weather. I'm not feeling 100% please keep me in your thoughts. Love you all.