Fifteen.

"Stay away from me please" She said. I Stood there not saying anything. She wasn't facing me. I grabbed her hand and made her turn around so she could face me.

She was crying. But why? "Melanie? What's the matter?" I asked her. She nodded her head.

"Y-yes" She simply responded.

I hugged her as tight as possible. She hugged me back.

"Now tell me what's wrong?" I asked her. She stayed silence.

"Melanie?" She still didn't say anything.

"I'll tell you soon" She said and walked to the bathroom.

I watched her every move. She was pale and looked more skinnier then usual.

I heard her sobbing inside then it got silent. I quickly and quietly got up and walked to the bathroom door.

"Melanie?" I heard shuffling in the bathroom.

My heart came back when I heard noise in there. I heard a faint 'ow' My eyes widen. I thought I got all of them. I started kicking the door. "MELANIE, PLEASE STOP!" I said. "Melanie please open the door" I said calmly.

"It's for the best" She said. I heard her searching for something in the cabinets.

"I'm sorry" she said.

I ran out of the room and went to the kitchen where she keeps the extra keys for all the room. I looked for her bathrrom keys and ran back to the room and put the key back in. "Melanie, please." I was on the edge of crying.

I managed to open the door and saw her swallowing the pills and saw that her wrist was covered in blood. I ran to her side and tried making her spit the pills out but she had her mouth shut.

"Spit it out" I commanded her. But she didn't. I managed to put my hand in her mouth so she could spit it out but she swallowed it. I tried my best for her to throw it up.

I put my fingers in her mouth and she gaged. She didn't want to throw up but it came out. I felt a relief that it had all come out.

She started crying. "Luke, you should've let me" she sobbed.

"Why? Melanie why?" I tried sounding calm but I was in tears.

"I'm a fuck up"

"Look at me" I tilted her head so she can face me. "Don't ever say that, you're not a fuck up" I told her. She just stared ahead.

"Melanie, what's the matter?" I asked her. She really has me worried. I don't know what to do anymore. This isn't the first time she does this. "You promised me you wouldn't do this anymore" I said.

"What?" She looked at me confused. "I've never done this before"

I get my phone out and dial my brothers number.

"Hello?"

"Beau! tell mom she tried doing it again" I said through the phone.

I heard Beau sighing.

"Why does she keep doing this?" He asked.

I looked at Melanie. I really didn't care if she was listening or not. She usually zones me out.

"DO YOU THINK IF I FUCKING KNEW I WOULD BE ASKING FOR HELP?" I yelled.

"Shit. sorry. Calm down. I'll tell mom" he said and hung up.

I picked up Melanie and took her to the sink and washed her face. She didn't pay much attention to what was happening, she kept looking down.

I tried getting her to talk but nothing worked.