Chapter 7: Truth Or Dare

I was still surprised at how fast Friday night came, and by the time I had officially processed it all we were already outside of the King’s cabin. Of course just like the last time, I had fallen asleep in the car only this time I woke up in one of the bedrooms.

I scratched the back of my head before I stood up and began to head towards the bathroom in the room, I wasn’t a hygiene freak when it came to brushing my teeth or anything and I have had a fair share of cavities but I knew for sure that when you fell asleep your breath tended to get smelly and there was no way in hell I was talking to anyone with stank breath.

Once I was satisfied with my breath and teeth I left the room to go find everyone else. The cabin was huge and I had absolutely no idea what floor I was on. Luckily I managed to run into Nathan who was also coming out of one of the rooms.

“Hey Kat!” He smiled.

I smiled back “Hey Nate, do you by any chance know where the others are?”

Nathan gave me a confused look before the realization hit him. “Oh yeah you were asleep, damn you sleep for a long time.”

“Why what happened while I was sleeping?” I asked curiously.

Nathan shrugged his shoulders “We just had a party you know, Scott insisted. No big deal.”

My eyes widened in shock “Are you kidding me!? Was the music playing as quiet as a pin dropping because I swear I heard nothing at all, and I’m usually a light sleeper!”

“I’m only kidding Kat.” He chuckled as he reached forwards and shoved me playfully.

“You’re a jerk.” I mumbled. “So what actually happened?”

Nathan shrugged “Nothing really, we actually got here around ten minutes ago and I swear Ethan just put you in his room to sleep just five minutes ago.”

“Wait, that was Ethan’s room?”

Nathan nodded “Yeah, I thought you’d know the sleeping arrangements by now. It’s you and Ethan, Nicole and Harris, Kendall and Scott, Chantelle and Cailyn, and I get a room all to myself.”

I frowned as he said that “Isn’t that kind of lonely, maybe you could room with Channy and Cailyn, I’m sure-“

“There is only one bed in each room Kat, that’s not enough to fit three people.” I hung my head down in shame, I felt so bad for him. Maybe we should have found Nathan a date before coming here because now it’s like he’s a ninth wheel. Sure, Chantelle and Cailyn weren’t in relationships but at least they had each other.

Maybe I could play cupid for Nathan, and of course not blow up a cotton candy machine this time. “I know that look.” He said breaking me from my thoughts.

“Huh?” I replied.

Nathan sighed “Don’t worry about me Kat, I’m fine. You made your choice and are happy with Ethan. I told you I’d be fine with whatever choice you made. Ethan is my cousin and he’s also one of my best friends, I’m happy that he’s happy. You don’t need to feel so bad.”