Chapter 11: It's A Baby Making Process

Chapter 11: It’s A Baby Making Process

“Alright, I set up a meeting for my whole family to meet at this house.” Nicole said while she paced around her bedroom.

I placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Don’t be nervous, I’m sure things will be okay. Your mom seems laid back I’m sure-“

“Oh god no, I’m not nervous about that.” I gave her a weird look as she sighed “Well I am nervous about that, but it’s not what I’m thinking about. I was thinking about my parents, it’s been years since they last saw each other. I mean I got driven here by my father’s best friend because my father didn’t want to face my mom.”

I nodded my head. “So how did you get them to come here together?”

Nicole sighed looking down “I may have sort of lied to them both.”

“Nicole!”

Nicole rolled her eyes “It’s not like they would have just agreed right away without an explanation. Besides I really don’t want to tell them that I’m pregnant over the phone.”

“That’s true I guess.” I mumbled “I called Harris about an hour ago. He should be here before everyone else so you guys can have your talk.”

“Will you stay with me when it happens?” She pleaded.

Looking at her face, I knew I wouldn’t have been able to say no. It had been two days since Nicole took the test that sealed her fate. It was a struggle to convince her to tell her family sooner than later, in fact I didn’t even convince her, Kendall did.

Kendall had a connection to Nicole that I would never have, unless of course I ended up a teen mom, hopefully not though. Kendall had told Nicole her story, and how much she wished she could have told her family the truth while she was pregnant. When Kendall lost the baby, she lost the will to tell her parents because why tell them about something that wasn’t going to happen anymore.

She had told me how she wished she had told them though, because through the difficult weeks she had grieving for her unborn child, she would have needed more than just the comfort of her grandmother who kept on saying “Hush child, it’ll be okay. This is for the best.”

Let’s just say the story was enough to convince Nicole. She didn’t want to be that girl who was in those stupid romance novels who are way too stupid to tell the guy or her parents the truth, afraid of losing them and then in the end when they find out she ends up losing them anyways.

“Alright, I’ll stay with you but in the corner, far away. This is a conversation you need to have with Harris and I really don’t want to be in the way of that.” I responded to her question.

Nicole nodded her head just as the bell rang. Her eyes widened instantly “Shit Nathan is home! He’s going to-“

“Nicole! Harris is here to see you!” Nathan yelled from all the way downstairs.