Reason why I write

Someone once asked me why I liked writing so much. Honestly, I didn't know then. I have always loved expressing myself through writing and seeing my thoughts on paper, even if it was only for my eyes, made me happy. But as I grew up and saw the world through my own eyes, got a glimpse of the lives of so many other people, I wanted to write for them; for the one who loved to cuddle with a book on a rainy day, for the one who missed someone so much but couldn't do anything about that, for the one who could do with a little inspiration to get through the day, for the one who cried themselves to sleep and for the one who was having a hard time believing in themselves.

I do not seek to change the world through my writing. I simply want to inspire someone to get up and fight, to help someone see the good side of the world, to touch someone's heart and plant a little love in it, to be the reason someone smiles to themselves and whisper 'I'll get through this'. I need not have a few thousand readers but if I could light up a face, through my writing, it's the biggest win I would ever need in my life.

In a world full of judgement and criticism, we all need a little nudge in the right direction to get us started, to help us sum up that strength we know we have inside. If I could be that nudge for someone today, that's all I seek through writing.

"My only wish is to leave little pieces of me, floating about this earth, so those I have touched, have something to hold on to."