Coming home

The air was thick and dirty. The humidity of my room made my skin crawl with irritation. The potent aroma, embellished by the confined space. The window in the far corner of the room had sealed shut with a veal of dust after years of misuse and neglect. I didn't know if I'd end up coming back here, whether I wanted to come back without him.. Mum left my room practically untouched, apart from when it got searched for evidence by the police, from the night I left. Bless her little heart. She practically didn't recognise me when I showed up on her doorstep caked in dirt and drenched from the rain that was bombarding the tarmac. Sometimes I regret leaving her maybe it's or some other reason, even now I wish that I came home sooner but a fragment of my mind just wanted me to be free. Ohio was a quiet, mid-western state and nothing remarkable ever happened here. Until the night I left with my best friend Jordan. I still remember breaking down while I was on call to him, explaining how I felt like I couldn't go on anymore. All he said was, "Ryan, pack your things, break open your piggy bank and meet me on your front porch in half an hour." I did as he said, trusting his word over everyone else's. I always did. As soon as we saw each other we ran.