Tennis

"Paps, could you hurry up please?"

It's quarter to four and I'd told the guys I'd be there at the courts by four o'clock. Damian is probably already there waiting with (C/N).

If I'm late again this is just going to give them another reason to tease me.

Last time we played I'd promise them that this time, I was going to win. Even if they teamed up I'd said. I'm not even that great but they suck so I made a bet.

Stupid, I know.

-----------

Before I knew it, it was four o'clock and I was sitting and waiting for them instead.

At five minutes past, (C/N) arrived with his tennis racket in one hand while his other was raking through his silky (C/H/C) hair that he'd grown out this holiday. He looked absolutely dashing in his white knee-length shorts and vibrant sport's shirt with the sun falling ever so lightly across his skin and giving him a beautiful yellow glow.

How did he always manage to look so breathtaking?

"Hey," his deep voice knocked me out of my stupor.

I pushed myself off of the fence and walked towards him to give him a hug.

"Hey. You're late."

"Yeah, sorry. Something came up and Damian couldn't come anymore so I didn't have a lift," he reached up to scratch the back of his head as he looked down, "but I didn't want to leave you hanging so I begged my dad to take me."

His response brought a warm feeling in my stomach.

"Oh. Thanks."

There was a pregnant pause before he spoke, "Let's play."

-----------

Thirty minutes in and I was in the lead with 2 games to 1.

"Aren't you glad Damian isn't here to see you fail?" I asked him before he served.

I must've really hit a nerve because next thing I know I'm lying on the floor and my face is throbbing like crazy.

"Oh sh!t. (Y/N), I'm so sorry!" he yelled as he ran over to my side of the court. He grabbed my head in his hands and cradled it as he kept apologizing.

I chuckled, "I didn't know losing to a girl would make you that mad."

"(Y/N)..."

"I'm teasing. Don't worry, it's fine."

To show him just how fine it really was, I stood up and tried to walk. Emphasis on tried becuase next thing I know I'm falling as the blood rushed to my head. I quickly felt (C/N)'s arms around me before I could fall and get hurt further.

I put my palms flat on his just so I could push myself off, but as I looked up to say thank you, I froze.

"Uhm..uh thanks."

"No problem," he said with a tug at the corner of his lips.

Before I knew what was happening, he was leaning in and as his lips met mine in a soft caress, the family of butterflies that lived in my stomach lit up a firework display.

Too soon, we pulled apart.

"How about we go get some ice for that eye?"

----------

Feels so weird to write. It's been forever.