Chapter 1: The "Box"

John was at work today. He was late getting home, but that meant more nap time for you. You were just about to fall asleep when Mr. Egbert had returned. He seemed quite happy. He was holding something behind him. It looked like those square, brown things you love to lay in. Yes, it was! It was what John called a "box". What was in it? Perhaps more cat toys? No, it's too big for that. John set the "box" down in front of you. Now that you think about it, John had been bringing home a lot of weird things lately. A bigger cat bed, another food dish, more toys. It's as if he thinks there are two of you! Maybe he's just trying to spoil you? While John arranges the odd things beside yours, you walk over to the "box", cautiously. You have no idea what monster could be lurking in there. You tap on it to try to get the "box" open. A noise came from inside it. IT'S ALIVE?! You quickly scamper down the hall and away from the unknown creature. Before you get a chance to hide, you are being picked up. Mr. Egbert takes you back to the living room, the same room with the "box monster". He sits you down in front of it as he opens the "box". It doesn't look like anything is inside until you see two bleach blonde ears. Your worst nightmare has become reality. "Karkat. Meet Dave."