Deer in the headlights

WARNING: Major angst, and mention of hospitals, needles, etc.

Please read with caution.

It was all a blur.

One moment he was at the local corner store, buying things for his lunch he would have had the next day, the next he was walking across the street only to be stopped by to big white lights and one loud horn.

He couldn't feel anything.

It was all numb.

He could only make out some things.

"Stay with us!"
"What is- name?!"
"How old- ou?!"
"Keep- eyes- en!"

He was cold and tired.

All he wanted to do was sleep.

Maybe, just maybe, taking a little nap wouldn't be too bad?

So that's exactly what he did.

It was a cloudy morning. Dark clouds started to appear, but Yamaguchi did not.
Tsukishima waited for the brunette at their normal meet up spot, but he never appeared. Tsukishima thought he must have gotten sick, and continued down the path towards his school. Though, it was odd that Yamaguchi didn't text him that he wouldn't be walking with the tall boy, as that's what he always did. It was odd that Yamaguchi could have even  been sick. He rarely gets sick.

'Odd,' Tsukishima thought. 'Something isn't right.'

Once Tsukishima arrived at practice, he texted Yamaguchi, asking the younger boy where he was.

When Daichi asked where Yamaguchi was, Tsukishima couldn't give a valid answer, as he didn't know. Practice was almost over, and he still had yet to reply to his text.

"Aww, I really hope Yamaguchi isn't sick!" Hinata cried. Kageyama smacked him on the back of the head. "Dumbass! I'm sure he's fine, right Tsukishima?" Tsukishima snapped his head up towards the voice, only to notice that the whole team was looking at him. "Tsk, how should I know?" Suga shook his head and asked, "Do you know if he's sick or something?" Tsukishima's brows furrowed. "I'm not sure, he's not replying to any of my texts. And, he didn't text me this morning that he wouldn't be walking with me, as he usually does." Everyone started to look concerned.