1

I had slept in and now had a mad panic to get to work on time.
My name is Jade, I work in a large office called Greys,
I Illustrate books, comics or basically whatever I am asked to do by my line manager Kirsty.
Kirsty is OK, but is a bit lazy and likes to give me all the work, we also have Bruno and Jeff who help out.

I managed to find a parking space and squeezed my green vw beetle into it, her name is Bess, yes I know I'm crazy having a name for my car, but I'm a crazy type of person.

I rushed through the double doors, shouted a few Hellos to the receptionist and went to the lift, I hated lifts but I worked on the 7 floor and was nearly late, so no choice.

I stepped in and stood at the back then someone joined me.

I looked up "Hi, what floor are you needing? "
He turned as if then noticing me "7 please" he smiled.

Wow, not that I should be looking but he was scrummy, dark styled hair and pale blue eyes that you could lose yourself in.
I stopped staring "same as me" I smiled.
He had turned to face forward, I looked to the floor feeling anxious.
It stopped at 5 to let in some others, he stepped back to allow the space.

The girls turned round, "Hey Jade, your looking a bit rough today" one of them sniggered "oh and who might you be?" she questioned the man.

"who me?" He asked "just a Job interviewee" he looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"oh no one of importance then" and they carried on moaning about hairstyles and make up,

Thank goodness they got off at 6 then one more for us.

"ignore their rudeness" I spoke as the lift doors opened at our floor.

"Follow me and I can point you in the right direction, most people are friendly enough so don't be put off."
I was rambling I know, I couldn't stop "are you going to the office?" I looked at him for a reply, he nodded with a small smile to his lips.
"OK well, good luck it's just down there on the left, maybe I will see you around" I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards the steps upto our floor.

Kirsty was waiting at the top of the stairs.
"sorry Kirst, I was helping someone to their job interview"

"no worries hun, just getting worried. Just the normal today unless we hear different, I saw Mr Grey in his office this morning talking about interviews" she then walked off.

I placed my bag on my desk by the window, waved to Bruno and Jeff then started working.
Mr Grey was our boss in his sixties, his wife Grace wants him to retire but hasn't manage to pursuade him yet.
Grace once said that she wanted her son Phillip to take over but he wasn't interested which saddened her and Mr Grey.