4

I arrived at work early the following day, i had work from yesterday to catch up on.

I grabbed a black coffee and started to work, before long Kirsty popped in followed by Bruno and Jeff.

"morning Jade, could you just grab me a coffee then pop in to the office, I need a quick chat"

"yep, OK be right there" after pouring a cup for Kirsty I felt cold and a shiver went down my spine, I turned round nearly spilling the coffee on Mr Grey.

"Sorry I didn't hear you come in" I stepped aside allowing him space to access the coffee pot.
He placed his hand on my waist as he walked passed. "you were miles away, what's up?" he asked.

Well I thought, nothing until you placed your hand on me now I was feeling hot.
I smiled " I'm OK, a bit hot. maybe I'm coming down with something I must dash though"
I made a quick getaway. Wow never have I felt like that before.

I walked into Kirstys office and plonked her cup on her desk,
"well Jade, two reasons I asked you in today. Number one I will be going to the 9am meeting this morning" she looked up at me.
I just nodded and smiled, great got out of the meeting, yes!
"number two, you need to work late tonight to catch up with your work, is that OK?"
"yes, that's fine Kirsty, I would rather tonight as I'm out Friday"

"oooh where you going? Hot date?" she asked.
I laughed, I wish. "no my friends birthday, we are going to the new club insomnia, I probably won't be too late I feel I'm getting too old for partying" I sighed.

"really Jade, you are 24, never too old, can I come please"
She begged.

"if you really want, meet us there about 9pm, I'm going to try and get us vip access as it's Lizzies 25th"

"OK, sounds good. I better get down to the meeting" she rushed pass me.

I went back to my desk, looking at my phone I saw a text from Lizzie.
Lizzie or Elizabeth as her dad would say, will be 25 we had known each other from primary school and I lived down the bottom of her road, we were never apart and I loved her to bits.
I quickly read the text.

L

Hi my hunny, still on for Friday?
🍷🍷🙏🙏

J

Yes, wouldn't miss it...
Come to mine and then we can grab a taxi. Xx

L

OK, Pete, Leo and Sally are coming too 🙄🙄

J

No problems Kirsty will meet us there, I couldn't say no. 🙊

L

OK, love you... Xxxx

J

Love you too 😚

I settled back into work, the phone on the desk breaking the silence.

"Hello, Jade speaking how can I help?" I answered.

"why am I looking at Kirsty and not you?" I listened to a very annoyed Mr Grey on the phone.
"I thought, hmm maybe she is ill, but no Kirsty informed me you were to busy. Too Busy! Jade!" it went silent.

"I am very sorry Mr.." before I could continue he bellowed down the phone "get here now Jade" then slammed the phone down on me.

Great. I rested my forehead onto my table, Kirsty then barged In making me look up.
"I'm sorry Jade, I think I dropped you in it, you have been summoned to his office, now go, Quick!"

I let out a deep breath and walked down to his office, I grabbed us both a coffee on the way, maybe it would lighten his mood.

I knocked and waited, and waited, and waited. Great, I popped the coffees down opened the door and went in, putting his coffee on his desk.
His eyes met mine, he was talking on the phone but he still sounded cross.

I started to feel awkward, so got up and looked out of the window, the view was amazing. If this was my room I would get a chair and watch the world go by. Busy in my thoughts I didn't hear Greyson behind me.
"enjoying the view Miss Page" he whispered.

"it's perfect, any way Sir. You wanted to see me?" I moved away from him and sat back down, this was going to be fun... Not.

Greyson p. O. V.

I couldn't believe it when Kirsty turned up for the 9am meeting, obviously I didn't make myself clear enough to Jade.
I looked around and everyone else seemed to have understood what I said. I decided to close the meeting. I had a word with Kirsty about Jade and she seemed to understand.
I then phoned Jade, this girl was seriously testing my patience, she needed to learn to obey my rules, not make up her own.

So now we sat, I must say she looks terrified.
"so Jade, was just wondering why you didn't make my meeting this morning?" I watched her place her coffee down and wriggle in her seat.

"well, Kirsty said she was going and I was extremely busy so I was like, erm OK" I glared at her watching her blush.

"really, but what did I say about who to attend my meetings?" I watched her look down then lick her lips.
"you said everyone who attended would then attend every meeting, sir" she smiled at me.
I stood up and watched her watch my movements.

"so from now on Jade, do you listen to me or Kirsty?" I asked while walking behind her, I could feel her awkwardness.
"you sir" she whispered.
"I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you" I leaned towards her from behind "say it again"
"urmm, well you sssir" I smiled, she was nervous.

"that Jade is the correct answer" I went back to my chair and when sitting down I watched her relax.

"so tomorrow at 9am, don't be late please. Oh and any chance you could work late on Friday?"

"sorry sir, I already have plans" she answered me and went to get up.

"OK, well off you go"
I was annoyed but didn't know why.