2

I was settled down drawing towards a Childrens book when my phone rang, it was Kirsty.
"look Jade I wouldn't normally ask but Mr Grey has asked all line leaders to a meeting in 5 minutes, could you go, please?"
I imagined her fluttering her eyelids.
"Kirsty, I'm not the line leader, but I can go if you wish"
I could almost feel her smiling down the phone.
"Thanks hunny, I owe you" then she promptly hung up. charming.

I tidied up then walked to the office, I was the first in so poured a coffee and sat at the opposite end of the table.

I wallowed in the silence closing my eyes for a few seconds before the others joined me, looking up I could see most of them were line leaders for their area.

Mr Grey then walked in and sat at the head of the table leaving an empty chair next to him.
Mr Grey smiled at us and then started explaining that Grace had finally gotten her own way and he was going to retire next month.

I smiled to myself, at last he needed to rest I had worked here since I was 18 and was now 24.
Mr Grey was always here even when he was ill he needed to take it easy and enjoy time with Grace.

"So, I can see not all the line leaders could be bothered to come down but glad to see you all who are here. I am very pleased to inform you that I will be handing the company over to my Grandson Greyson."

He stood up and clapped towards the door, where a young man walked through and stood beside him, they both sat down at the head of the table. I then felt uncomfortable as I recognised those eyes staring at me.

" Well it's lovely to see you all here, as you heard I am Greyson and will be taking over the company, I will appreciate all the help and support you can provide and we will have regular meetings every morning at 9am."

"Any questions?" Mr Grey asked.
I saw a few hands fly up.
"As you know Mr Grey, we are not all  line leaders here"
Before he could finish asking his question Greyson had interrupted.

"look, whoever had the decency to turn up this morning will be attending every meeting from now on" he frowned.
"I don't see this to be a problem, do you?" Greyson asked his Grandfather.

"Not at all Greyson, you are now in charge, do what you feel is necessary" he answered "well please excuse me, I shall leave you in Greysons capable hands" Mr Grey then left the room.

"OK, well I would like you to introduce yourselves to me then I will choose someone to show me around."

I could spot a lot of the girls fluttering their eyelashes at him, I started to chuckle.

"Something amusing Miss?" I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"oh sorry, just a tickle in my throat" I smiled " and my name is Jade Blake " I caught his eyes and he nodded knowingly while I felt my cheeks blush, I looked down towards the table.

Once our introductions had finished we all went to leave.

"Can I just have a quick word Jade, the rest of you I will see tomorrow at 9am sharp."
I sat back down on my chair he sat on his.

Before he could speak, I needed to apologise.
"look Mr Greyson" he looked towards me I felt slightly awkward.
"well I would like to apologise about the lift and me thinking you were just job hunting, I didn't realise who you were" he nodded, stood up and slowly walked towards me.
I decided to remain seating, I felt him stand behind me and I stiffened, he bend his head towards mine and I could feel his breath on the side of my face.
"Apology accepted Miss Blake" he whispered, I was melting at the sound of his voice.

He then stood up walking away " oh and Miss Blake, you can show me around" he winked.

How would I survive this.