Future what?

Another chapter, here you go!~

________________________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean, my room has been taken?! I just paid the bills last week!"

The grumpy old woman only sneezed in front of her face.

 A snot flowed out of the woman nose and landed on Kaneki's forehead; Her left eye twitched, and it took all her willpower not to jump over the desk to strangle the pig. 

She was having a mid-life crisis right now! Not only did she just wake up in a middle of some damn park, but her home was not just stolen, it was sold too?! Also the fact that the lingering hunger that curb within her stomach churned, and she's trying her best not to let the ghoul side of her out of it's shell, ( The fact that the grumpy lady kinda looks tasty right now) ignoring it's urges. 

With a strain smile, she grabs a tissue from the counter tops and wipes the snot from her forehead, before balling her fist around the piece of paper.

When running back to her apartment, she was surprised to find the door locked with the spare key gone; hidden underneath the rug, just in case for emergency like these. Usually, she'd keep the door unlock whenever she's home at least during the day.

 Last time she locked the door, Hide had decided to pay her an unexpected visit while she was in bathroom, showering. When she didn't answer, he had broken down her doorway, screaming nonsense about kidnap and slavery, before seeing her exit out the bathroom with only a single towel covering the rest of her body. To say the least, that day Hide went home with a large bump on his head and two tampons stuck up his bleeding nose when she threw that hairbrush.

A week later was when she decided to keep the door unlock, seeing the event happening again when she was only sitting in the living room; reading her book. She was getting tired of having to pay the land owner for the fixed door.

 Being here now, she was really wondering how the hell she ended up in the park if her door is locked, or did she locked it when she was sleep walking?

 Shaking her head, she tried to twist the knob of the door once more using her strength, but it wouldn't budge. Hopeless, she ditched the door and headed straight for the apartment owner for some questions, and another spare key. 

This is where she ended up now; Arguing with this old pig. She doesn't even consider this person a 'lady'.

Sighing, she tossed the tissue in a trash bin near the entry way, "Can you...at least tell me who's the new owner of the room?"

" The room is being owned by some kid name, Nagashiki or was it Nagakiki? Bah! All I know is that the kids last name started with an N." The grumpy old woman snorted, lips pulled up into a sneer, " Now, Get lost kid. I got more better things to do than deal with you."

With a flick of a wrist, the old coot shooed her away and continue counting her money that lay on the desk; ignoring the girl standing there with a slight irritated expression.

Sighing once more, Kaneki turns with the ball of her foot, making her way back to the direction she came from which was her used to be home. Kicking a piece of rock around, a small frown makes its way onto her face, and a depressing cloud forms above her head, as she arrives near her apartment room.

'Great, where am I supposed to go now? Why did I even come back? Maybe I should try and visit Hide...see if he'll let me stay for a bit at his plac-'

A movement up ahead caught her eyes, causing her to snap her head up to catch a glimpse of a familiar blonde hair with a brown patch growing from the roots of it that belongs to a male, standing in front of her door. Not even getting a chance to think, she immediately ran up to them, raising her arm with a slight wave.

"Hey Hide!"

At the call of his name, Hide turns his head to see a black-haired girl, the one that had bumped into him along the sidewalk; running up at him with a huge grin on her face, waving her hand. His face turn into one of confusion when she stops right in front of him, smiling at him as if he was a friend of some sorts. He opens his mouth to ask who she was, but she cuts him off with a question that caught him off guard.

"Hey, Mind if I stay over at your house? Apparently, something happened to my apartment..." She scratched her cheeks, sheepishly and gave him a nervous smile; that looks so similar to a certain person he knows but decided not to think about it. 

 Feeling himself gaping, he snaps his mouth shut and tilted his head in confusion, staring at her with a keen expression. 

 Not knowing the storms of trouble that is about to come his way, he asks the girl the question that he wanted to ask when she decided to call him out. 

Taking a deep breath, he calmly asks, "Who are you?"

________________________________________________________________________________

I am Batman.

That's who I am,

Who are you?

________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter would be out either this week or next week! Thanks.