Chapter 7

Art By: xcharlotteofficialx

The house was lovely.

As soon as I walked in the front door, I was standing in the living room. Straight ahead was the kitchen and dining room as well as a door that seemed to lead outside. To my left was a staircase leading upstairs and to my right there seemed to be three rooms, but all the doors were shut so I wasn't sure what they were.

I dashed towards the room closest to me and found it to be a laundry room. The middle door led to a neat bathroom and the final door was a large bedroom. As I walked out of the bedroom, I realized that underneath the staircase leading upstairs, was a another staircase leading into what I assumed was the basement.

I decided to check out the top floor first, so I quickly raced up the stairs and scoped out the area. I was standing in what seemed to be another living room, except this one seemed more like a hangout spot, complete with large bean bag chairs and stuff like that.

At the end of the living room there was a door to the left which had to be a closet since it didn't seem to take up much space. To the right, there were four more doors.

I paced towards the door directly in front of me and found a bedroom which was smaller than the one downstairs. Right next to it was another door, which I opened to reveal an office space of about the same size. Turning around, I was faced with two more doors, one straight ahead, and one to my left.

The door to my left opened to reveal a bathroom and the one in front of me turned out to be an awesome looking library. It had lots of bookshelves and a reading nook was even built into one of the walls. There were also a couple of super comfy looking chairs in the room too. I decided that none of these rooms interested me when it came to choosing my bedroom, so I ran down the stairs to the main floor, and then down the stairs once again to the basement.

At this point I was very out of breath so I bent over and placed my hands on my knees, looking at the ground, and did my best to get some air. When I finally felt like I was breathing decently, I looked up.

I was amazed by what I found.

The wall that faced the backyard was almost entirely made of glass, which gave me a clear view of what lie behind the house: the ocean.

I took a few seconds to stare at the waves crashing onto the shore before I shook myself out of the trance and continued to explore the basement.

There seemed to be yet another living room type thing going on, except this time it was more like a sort of game room. An air hockey table sat close to me. Behind the air hockey table was what resembled a dining room table, but I assumed it was meant to play games on because against the wall to the right of the table was a large shelf full of board games. On the left wall (the same wall as the stairs) was a bar which seemed to be completely decked out with drinks.

Across from the bar and behind the table was what appeared to be a single room. I opened the door to find a simple bedroom and in the back of the room, I saw another door. When I opened the door, I found a bathroom that reminded me of the shower rooms you'd find at a pool but much fancier. There was another door that led outside.

It was this that made me realize that the house must be built on a sort of cliff with the main floor and second story built on top of the cliff and the basement built into the cliff.

After some careful consideration, I raced back upstairs and ran into the bedroom there. This bedroom was the largest room in the house. The back of the bedroom had two big double doors which seemed to lead to a balcony. The floor was a light wood color which almost reminded me of sand. On the right wall was a queen sized bed and two nightstands, one on each side of the bed. On the left wall was a long dresser with a TV on top. To the left of the double doors was a desk that faced a window looking outside and to the right was a cozy looking chair.