Cat punnnssssss

Got → Cat: As in “You’ve cat to be kidding (or kitten) me.” and “Cat it in one!” and “It’s cat me stumped” and “I haven’t cat all day” and “You’ve cat another thing coming”

Get → Cat: As in “Cat this show on the road” and “Don’t cat the wrong idea” and “We need to catthe upper hand” and “Let’s cat this under way”

Feeling → Feline: As in “I’m not feline well today.” and “A gut feline” and “Are you feline okay?” and “He’s got felines for him” and “Hurt felines” and “I’m feline like a million dollars!” and “I’ve got mixed felines about this” and “No hard felines” and “A sinking feline“

*cat*: If a word contains the “cat” sound, we can make a silly cat pun: catapult, catalogue, catalyst, cataclysmic, cataracts, catastrophic, categorical, categories, categorical, categorisation, caterpillar, cattle, catfish, catwalk, scatter, evocative, communicative, certificates, provocative, intricately.

*cat*: If a word contains anything vaguely similar to the “cat” sound, we can sometimes make a very silly cat pun (you can also use hyphens to emphasise the “cat” part for extra corniness): apricat(apricot), boycatt (boycott), cattage(cottage), dicatomy(dichotomy), psycatic (psychotic), arcatecture, Connecticat, catlery(cutlery), biscats (biscuits), mar-cat-place, ar-cat-ype (archetype), supermarcat.

Caught → Cat: As in “I cat you red-handed!” and “Cat with your hand in the cookie jar”

Cut → Cat: As in “Cat and dried” and “A cat above the rest” and “Don’t cat corners” and “To cat a long story short” and “Cat and paste” and “Cat me some slack, will you?” and “Cat someone down to size” and “Cat the crap” and “To have your work cat out for you” and “Cat to the bone” and “Cat the funny stuff” and “It’s a catthrough business” and “Don’t catoff your nose to spite your face” and “Measure twice, cat once”

Clause → Claws: As in “There is a claws in our legal agreement which allows me to make as many cat puns as I want.”

Bite: As in “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you” and “Bite the big one” and “A bite to eat” and “Love bite” and “Bite someone’s head off” and “Bite back” and “Bite me”

Get in → Kitten: As in “Quick! Kitten the car!” and “The plane won’t kitten until noon.”

Cut in → Kitten: As in “It’s rude to just kitten and interrupt someone like that.”

Kitchen → Kitten: As in “Everything and the kitten sink”

Kidding → Kitten: As in “You’ve got to be kitten me.”

*fur*: If a word contains the “fur” sound (or similar), we can make silly cat puns: a-fur-mative, di-fur-ent, further, infurmation, offur, effurt, furget, furgotten, comfurt, suffur, furm (firm), furnish, furgive, comfurtable, confurm, furmly, Afurica, Oxfurd, furever, furniature, philosofur, furbidden, transfur, confurmation, diffur, furtile, furbid, confurence, confurred, uncom-fur-table, furgiven, furlorn (forelorn), confurm, furbade, confur, furnace, furocity, transfurmation, infur, infurence, defur, furthermore, furtively, furvently, cifur (cipher), furthest, biografur, affurm, furvent, furmentation, photografur, vocifurous, unfurled, afurism (aphorism), perifural (peripheral), chaufur(chauffeur).

Scratch: “Actually, scratch that – that’s a terrible idea now that I think about it.” and “We’ve only just scratched the surface” and “This work is not up to scratch” and “Start over from scratch“