Seance Gone Wrong

(Loosely based on The Witches and the Circle by Eric Dodd and featured on Chilling Tales For Dark Nights, enjoy this Darkiplier fic)

(Excerpt from the journal of Candice Jones, age 15, recovered recently after her death. Cameras shown that she had been vigorously writing in this journal before calmly setting it aside, standing up and walking to the middle of the room. Security personnel could not get to her room in time and Ms. Jones plunged the pen she had been writing with deep within her neck, she bled out in a matter of minutes. Ms. Jones had been in isolation for several months following a triple murder and case of self defense that had happened at her home, Halloween night. Personnel had allowed her to have a journal to record her thoughts about the incident. Ms. Jones had no indication of causing herself any harm, though personnel monitored her on security cameras. Immediate request has been put in to only allow patients to have and write in journals in the presence of their psychiatrist and security as of this incident. The following is her final and only passage that she recorded in this journal.)

My name is Candice Jones. Most of my friends call me Candy, well they used to, they're all dead now. They died in such horrible ways.

I'm getting ahead of myself. To whoever is reading this, here's how it all started and how I got here.

I had four friends come over on Halloween night. We were gonna watch cheesy horror movies and snack on leftover Halloween candy that wasn't taken by the trick-or-treaters. I told them I would turn off the porch light at 10:00 pm so no more kids with pillow cases in Spiderman or Princess or Honeybee costumes would show up, and that they should drop by at 11:00 pm for fun times and spoops. My parents were out of town on a holiday trip to France.

Hannah suggested we have a party in my parents huge mansion since my they were loaded. But, I respect my parents and didn't want them to be upset with me when the place was trashed. She was also the one that suggested the fucking seance. But, I had a major crush on her and when she would give me that pouty lip and puppy dog eyes, it was hard to say no to her. I was lucky enough to be able to say no about the party.

God, I miss her so much. I miss my parents too, after what happened, I only saw mom and dads tear stained face beyond a thick, glass panel separating us, except for a series of holes so we could talk to each other. I feel so alone.

But again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Katelyn was the first to arrive, a skinny, sun-kissed, bubbly and bouncy blond, 16 year old girl who liked bright, pastel and pink colors. I always thought she was too popular to be hanging around with a girl like me. A plane Jane, skinny girl with pixie cut hair dyed bright green, who mostly wears jackets, tee shirts and yoga pants. But, she saw I was sitting alone at the lunch table once, because my best friend Sarah, was sick that day, and immediately came up asking about my Markiplier hoodie, gushing about how much of a fan she is. She would frequently exclaim how hot he is and that his girlfriend Amy, is a lucky woman. I think we can both agree on that.

I pulled the door open to see her standing in front of me, dressed in a skimpy, pink nurse costume. She grinned and flashed me a peace sign. "Hey girl!" She greeted before strutting in, her heels clicking against the hardwood floor. "So, where's your costume?"

I was wearing the usual black hoodie and black yoga pants, I shrugged, "Eh, dressed in all black like this, I can look like a murderer." We both laughed.

"You know what Candy, I have some fake blood and a plastic glow in the dark knife in the car, you could totally be Antisepticeye. We can make this work."She turned and shouted at the still opened door. "Amanda, bring in the fake knife and blood. We need to make Candy look super scary."