Chapter III (edited)

Mark's P.o.v.

After Thomas left me home and went with Oliver back to the pack, I walked with the kids in the house and I want to do the dinner. At first, I wanted to make a turkey barbeque with a salad of crudities, but the little ones wanted me to do something new. I look at them shocked, didn't know what they mean by that. "Something new? What would you like me to do to you and I have not done before now?" I start to think. I kind of did many things for them so they would at least taste the food before they say that they don't like it. "Big Brother? Do you remember any recipe our parents cooked when you were little?" LingMyn asked me with puppy eyes. I, on the other hand, froze in place for some seconds. "S-Sure. It's simple. Our parents always made it to me and your older brothers when they wanted to put a smile on our faces." They thanked me and run into the living room leaving me alone in the kitchen. I sigh and I start cooking the dinner. I didn't thought until now that they would ever ask something like this. I admit, I told them our family and pack are no longer with us because of an accident, but nothing more... Nothing about them, nothing about our family and especially nothing about their death.

I don't want them to suffer the pain I am in. They are still small. I have no reason to complicate their childhood with the painful truth about the real events that happened ten years ago. I will tell them the truth when they grow older and can deal with these feelings much better. I don't even know how they will react even when they will be young adults. If I told them that all our loved ones were killed... No, that everyone was murdered in the day they were born, they would be destroyed and I think they would blame themselves...

After half an hour, I finish cooking and put the memories of the past aside so I won't start crying in front of the little ones. I put the plates on the table and go into the living room, finding the little ones playing Mortal Kombat X on PS4. They are so focused on the game that they haven't seen me entering the room. "Aham." The little ones get scared and guilty start to be seen on their faces when they saw me. "What did I say about these games? And especially at those late hours." "Don't play without your permission?" They answered with a sad tone. "No." I told them, leaving them in a big confusion for some seconds before I smiled like at them. "Firstly, I told you not to play those games at such late hours without me in the room because I need to watch you when you play them so I could know when to stop you. I don't think you want to end up having nightmares in the middle of the night." They look at each other and nodded. "Secondly... I want to play it too!" I start to act like a child winning some laughs from them.

After they stop laughing, they apologize for without me being next to them. Then they start fighting because the boys always let MingLyn win and she told them that is not fun to always win. She is right after all. Is not funny to always win. I smile at that scene, but I took them up in my arms and went with them in the kitchen. It's late and they had to eat. Tomorrow is the big day for the future alpha and the little monsters have to rest if they want to stay awake all night.

After they ate the baby octopus with hot pepper powder over them and marinated noodles light fried, we all stayed a little in the living room watching a movie called "Mamma-Mia". The film lasted about an hour and a half, but the children fell asleep halfway through the film. So I took them up to their beds, then I went back to look at the movie. Unfortunately for me, the memories from the earlier events came back in my mind. For the first time, Thomas stayed with me without looking at me like I was the last worm on earth. But it was more strangely that he was worried about me and took care of me so I won't get hurt. After a short time in my thoughts and without paying attention to the movie I was watching, I fell asleep on the couch.

Author's P.o.v.

The night passes quickly and the special day for the future alpha came. He got up early in the morning with a smile on his lips and a happiness he never had before. The thought that he will find his half today makes him very happy. It doesn't matter to him with who the Moon Goddess will mate him with. He will love her or him immensely. He gets out of bed, goes to the bathroom and gets his daily routine done, then returns to the bedroom with just a towel around his waist and starts scrambling in the closet after training clothes. After finding them, he dressed up with a pair of sweatpants, a pair of sneakers then puts on a hooded sweatshirt and walk downstairs. He sees no one is awake so he decides to look at his watch and sees it's almost 5 in the morning. Seeing it's so early and patrolling and training starts at 7 o'clock, he decides to go out and do some jogging like morning warming up.