Dimensions: Part 4

Okay, let's look at the possibilities. Dawn could be someone who lived a long time ago. But then why did Dennis ask me to respond when he had given me that vision? Or at least I think that was him. If Dennis gave me the vision than he must of been the one controlling me. He knew the safety precautions would detect it being unstable but he must of wanted me to go there to see the letter. But why would he chose a unstable Dimension?

I was sitting down on my bed in thought. Leah went outside exploring a Scribous Legerous Viewport. I had chosen to stay. It has been a full week since I woke up here.

"What you thinking about, Abigail?" Markus asked. I suggest shoulders in response.

"Just about done weird stuff happening. So yeah just about everything." I answered, laying back on the mattress.

"What do you think normal human life is like?" Markus asked, as if dreaming. If that's what robots can do.

"Well, I bet it's not as confusing. Earth seems big enough to hold a lot of people so maybe there's a lot of people. That'd be fun. I wonder if my real name is Abigail." I wondered.

"That'd be a cool coincidence. Though I think you're name would be more joyful." Markus replied.

"I don't I guess, maybe my name is-" I paused as a discovered a new puzzle piece to the mystery. I am Dawn. That what my real name. That's why Dennis seemed familiar to me. He is someone I knew. That means he wants me to spawn the Surface Dimension.

"Dawn..." I mumbled under my breathe in realization, forgetting that Markus was listening.

"That's oddly specific? Exactly where you get that name from?" Markus asked back suspiciously.

"Have a feeling, I guess." I replied shruggingly, not wanting to tell him my theory. "Tell my about your past, how's you get here?" I asked trying to change the subject. Markus didn't answer, instead someone else did.

"And we are online. Isabel or Dawn if you can hear my please respond." The voice was older and sounded a lot more realistic.

"Excuses my, can you tell me who you are?" I asked standing up.

"Oh it's you Dawn, I only have a few minutes or less to contact you before Markus returns. Are you and Isabel okay?" The voice sounded relieved but yet tense. I started to walk to the door to get Leah. My prediction was correct, my name is Dawn.

"I am okay other than I can't remember anything. I don't know who Isabel is. Can you help me get home?" I asked hoping his intentions were good.

"Okay, you will be all okay. You need to spawn the Surface Dimension. Markus is not who he said he is. Do not get your API modified! My name is Matt. Isabel is the name of the person who is stuck with you, I am her dad. Your name is Dawn. Markus is keeping you both captive, the Surface Dimension is your freedom. This is a lot to take in. But you have to trust me. Use the password,"481948" to spawn it. We are breaking connection. Tell Isabel that everything will be oka-" The voice suddenly and abruptly stopped, leaving silence.

"Anyone there? Matt? Markus?" I asked, a little confused. Nobody answered. Is it true? Is Markus really three one who captured us. It would exploring why he thought that one Dimension was unstable. I would need more people before actually spawning the Surface Dimension.

"Abigail? What's happening in here. I thought I heard someone." Leah asked as she came in unexpectedly, almost making me jump. For a second I was in conflict whether to tell her.

"Can you keep a secret from Markus?" I asked seriously, changing the atmosphere.

"Well, sure. Did he leave again?" She responded, uneasily.

"I know what are real names are. After Markus left someone else was contacting me. He told me are names and not to worry. He does that Markus was keeping us here. He staff to leave we need to spawn the Surface Dimension." I explained, noting Leah response to me mentioning spawning the Surface Dimension.

"Well, it's be stupid to believe him on the spot. Maybe we should tell Markus. And what is are names?" Leah skeptically answered.

"We can not tell him. You know hope much we doesn't want the Surface Dimension to be spawned. Does the name Dawn, Isebel,  or Matt remind you of anything?" I asked hoping it'd spark her memory. Unsurprising she passed, thinking hard over my question.

"My name is Isabel..." Leah correctly assumed under her breath. "Matt is, he is. I forgot. I know he's important though." I smile, glad she remembered.

"Matt is your dad, he was the person who told me this he warned not to let Markus 'modify' my API. He all seemed very sincere, he told me to tell you that everything well be okay." I explained hoping to change Leah's skeptic view. She started to answer before cutting herself off. Then there was a fuzzy electric sound.

"Sorry I left Abigail. Tell me everything that happened when I left?" Markus's familiar voice asked. I looked at Leah, hoping she wouldn't betray me.

"Why are you so curious? Why do you keep leaving?" Asked Leah, reliving my worries.

"It's a glitch. By any chance has anything strange happen lately? Partially someone contacting you?"
I squinting me eyes in suspicion. Markus definitely knows Matt is trying to contact me.

"A lot of strange stuff had happened. Like this very place." I looked over at Leah. She was concern, noticing that Markus was hiding something.

"Should we?" Asked Leah, referring to spawning the Surface Dimension. I bit my lip deciding. I remembered how urgent Matt made it. I answered by walking over to the control panel.

"You guys okay?" Markus asked confused about our serious attitude. I let out a breathe not caring to answer Markus. Leah walking up beside me.

"Markus." She said. "Mute the Meg's virtual assistant, Markus."

"Wait! Do not spawn-" Markus's voice was cut off. Leah turned to the control panel and navigated to a c page.

"I would of done that a long time ago if I knew how to. Markus gets really annoying." I said, trying to change the atmosphere.

"He is. But after a year alone he's worth having. Now to spawn the Surface Dimension." Leah said with a determined smile.