Chapter 1: August 20th

(Jamie's P.O.V)

More than a dozen posters hung up on the sky blue wall. More than a dozen eyes watch my every move. Hearing, seeing, smelling everything. Five thirty-five in the morning, less than half an hour before my alarm goes off. Should I get up now? No, I think I'll take my last few minutes of what seemed to be an endless summer in. I didn't really do anything this summer, or last summer, or the summer before that. I rolled onto my side and glanced over to Black Veil Brides.

"Andy...today is my first day as a sophomore," I tried to sound excited as I talked to the poster.

"That's great! Have a wonderful day! Remember to smile!" I imitated Andy in a very off sounding low voice.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second then opened them again. My eyes widened and I pulled my sheet to my cheek, "P-people!"

My heart started to race, the room seemed to spin. People; I'm going to to be around people. More than a dozen strange eyes. Suddenly, a loud noise ripped through the chaos in my head. I shot up with the sheets under my nose. I scanned the room, my frantic thoughts at a stand still. My heart beats were shaking my while body.

"Wait, where is my..." I glanced at the sodden floor. "Oh!" I chuckled nervously. It was only a Gerard Way poster. I looked back at my clock. Five Fifty. Well as long as I'm up I might as well get ready.

Shower, hair, clothes, breakfast, teeth, wait until Dennis shows up with Alexx; the routine I've been following since eighth grade.

Nothing like a warm shower to... This isn't warm at all! Mid-way shower, the alarm went off. When I finished I wrap my purple fluffy towel around me and make my way over to the mirror over the sink. I started combing out my hair but it decided to be difficult. Eventually I got the bang in its right place over my right eye. The rest of my hair just falls around me. Oh, I actually look cute today. I smiled a bit.

I wobbled out of my bathroom, my towel wrapped around me like a strapless dress, but a lot less fancy. I looked like a penguin wobbling across the room. Gerard was still on the ground. I'd help him back onto the wall after I put on my clothes. I fastened my towel dress and wobbled over to my closet. Alexx would laugh at me if she saw me.

Six thirty. I walked down the stairs, it was abnormally quiet. Come to think of it, I didn't smell anything being cooked in the kitchen either. I stepped into the living room and looked around. Everything was neat and tidy just how it should be.

I made my way to the kitchen and opened the door. Yep, no cooking or mother here. Did she forget to wake up again? I sighed. I guess Orange juice and a PBNJ sandwich was on the menu this morning.

Where is the peanut butter? Gosh! Are you kidding me? It must be hiding from me. I searched the cupboards; nothing. I guess cheese will have to do then. At least the cheese was where it was supposes to be. I got the cheese and Orange juice from the fridge. I took a glass from the cabinet and set everything on the table. I looked at the full Orange juice bottle. It's my first day at school, I deserve to have half of the bottle of Orange juice to myself.

After a few minutes I was munching away at my cheese and jam sandwich. I was almost done when 'Hell Above,' by Pierce The Veil, blared from my phone. Alexx.

"H-Hey," my mouth was full.

"It's the first day of school!" she squealed happily. I pictured her jumping around in her cheerleading uniform grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah, I remember," I swallowed.

"I can't wait to see you! Dennis is almost ready so we'll be at your house in a bit."