Chapter 2: Same Old Rituals

(Jake's P.O.V.)

Nothing says "I don't really care," other than skating around the hallway and dodging bodies. That girl had the prettiest of eyes, I swear. What was her name again? I wonder. Oh well.

"Hey watch it!" a blonde in the skimpiest of clothes said. I barely nudged her. I smirked back at her and continued on my mission. Where was locker 32A? Ugh. Oh found it. I stopped and picked up my skate board. I had my band initials printed on the underside earlier in the summer over the boring red is originally came with.

I opened my locker and took out the books I had carried that day. By the end of the week I would be full of books and personalized; Jake style. My first class for the day was History, how interesting. The number of bodies in the hallway started decreasing as class time was nearing.

"Nice shirt, emo fag," I recognised that voice. I looked up to see Chris, Nicholas, and Harry standing beside my locker.

"Right back are you, Chris. I see you got those snake bites you wanted in between the last week Wednesday and today," I locked my locker and looked at the trio. My three best friends. I've known them for what seems like forever.

Chris was the tallest of the four of us being five eleven, and also the oldest, seventeen, almost eighteen. Brown eyes, narrow nose, thin lips and a distinctive scar under his left eye. He always fought desperately to hide it with his straight black hair, which was red in grade nine. He's the best drummer I know, personally that is.

Nicholas, the youngest. He turned sixteen during the summer break. He always had his hair in his eyes, always flipping it around like an uncontrollable twitch. He's the wildest in the group. He was well built unlike the rest of us who were just skinny as hell. Girls always has their eyes on him for some strange reason. I guess that makes for good publicity though, considering his "fangirls" were always at our gigs and cheering at the top of their lungs.

Harry was just a bit shorter than me, five five and a half. I had to make sure he was shorter than me, even if it were by half. He stood out from the rest of us with his curly black hair and color changing eyes. They were gray at the moment. He has some sort of abs going on for him but I wasn't sure.

"Hey Nick, guess who I sat beside today in the ceremony," we walked up the hallway.

"Who?" he looked at me.

"You know that girl with the green eyes and.."

He suddenly grabbed me and pinned me up on the lockers. "Jamie?"

Chris and Harry were chuckling in the background.

"Yeah, her, please let me go..." he ignored me completely and continued asking questions.

"What was she wearing? Did she have on a hoodie? What about her hair? Tell me what you know!"

Chris put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him off me. Goddamn maniac. Harry was still chuckling away.

"She looked cute," I rubbed the back of my neck. "Like a cute ghost."

"Don't you dare call her that!" he made after me again but Chris grabbed him.

"Sorry man."

I looked up the hallway to see Jamie clutching her books close to her chest. She looked scared. She was looking around frantcily like she had lost something.

"Hey look it's your girl," Harry said, his voice was squeaky.

Nick just stood there and looked at her. It was funny because he almost killed me for her and now he was completely paralyzed. She walked closer to us. Nick started to look more nervous and he spun on his heels and power walked away and into the bathroom that was on this block.