Chapter 5: Breaking The Ice

(Jake's P.O.V.)

Band rehearsals were a lot of work but were mostly fun. The guys always had something planned, whether it was a prank or mixing up the lyrics of our own songs.

When we first formed the band I was actually surprised when my parents were excited about it. They knew how much I loved rock and metal music. They made arrangements for "BBTT" to play at local functions which were usually fund raisers. Of course we didn't play our heavy material at those types of functions but when it came on to battle of the bands at school and between the two high schools and their bands we went all out. From outfits to war paint.

We always had friendly rivalry between the other two bands at North High. "Tempted," which was an all female band, is pretty good and have sort of a 'pop meets alternative' feel to their music. "Running Wild," on the other hand, who's lead singer and drummer are girls, has a more 'electronic ambient rock' sound.

The school made sure to make use of all three bands. We rotated playing schedules for school functions. "Tempted," actually got to play at last year's senior prom. Based on what the girls were saying, it was amazing.

"Hey!" Nicholas nudged my cheek with the microphone. "What are you thinking about?"

"N-nothing," I was sitting on one of the boxes in the basement with my red guitar across my lap.

"Lies," he said sternly.

"Nicholas, are you hungry? You're PMSing." Chris said tapping a fast rhythm on his lap.

Harry burst out laughing. "He's such a girl."

"I still get more girls than you."

"Well we don't know that..." I added.

Nickolas made to hit me but I stopped him and pointed to the guitar that was on my lap.

It was already 3:00 in the afternoon. We were rehearsing for about an hour and a half. Halloween was still a far way from now but we love to practice way a head of time so when we perform we get it right; down to the jumps and head bangs.

Harry was texting away on his phone standing with his guitar hanging upside down behind him with the strap across his chest.

"Nickolas why don't you go bother Harry instead?"

"He's texting Alexx, you know how he gets when he's texting her and someone bothers him."

I smirked and looked over at him. I wonder what Alexx and Jamie were up to. Jamie... she was so cute yesterday in her creepers and skinny jeans. I had snapped a couple pictures of her without her knowing. She's such a cool girl. She only talks to me via texts but I can understand why.

I'm going to sing a song for her one day, besides I am back up vocals in the band and Nicholas will never have the balls to do it. Such a wuss.

Soon we were back to playing and my mother came with refreshments and listened to us play. She gave us a few pointers. I only recently found out she used to listen to bands like ours when she was younger. She claims it wasn't that long ago considering she got pregnant with me at seventeen. She says it was a stupid decision back then but she doesn't regret it because she says she's raised me well. She got lucky, my dad actually stayed with her through everything.

(Jamie's P.O.V.)

"More over to the left, Dennis."

"Right here? Do you like it right here?" he said.

"Yes! Perfect! Right there!"

He stepped down from the little stool I had in my room to get to parts of the wall I couldn't reach if I didn't have it.