Chapter 6: Countdown To Spooks Night

(Alexx's P.O.V.)

Only one week left 'til Halloween and I still have no idea what I'm going to be this year. Dennis suggested that I be Cat Woman but I just don't know. He already had his costume planned out and it was kind of annoying.

"A vampire?" I asked for the thirtieth time that day.

"Yes, Alexx, a vampire," he seemed a little annoyed.

"And what is Angie going to be?" I poked at his cheek.

"I don't know," he seemed really tense.

He and Angie have always had their differences. One minute they were together the next they couldn't care if the other had stopped breathing. This whole love thing was really strange.

The day was a bit gloomy and I was pretty bummed out. I wanted to go to the costume store with Jamie but if it starts to rain Dennis won't carry me. I sat in the couch and crossed my arms and huffed like a little child.

"Are you going to cry?" Dennis teased.

"Shut up," I snapped then huffed again.

"Maybe, with all that huffing you're doing you can be the big bad wolf this year." He was trying to hold in his laugh but failed.

I got up and kicked him in the shin, "How rude!" I then stormed upstairs and into my room.

Maybe I'll get some inspiration from Harry. I took my phone out of my pocket.

Me: Hey you, what are you going to be for Halloween?

I waited for a response.

Harry: I don't know... I was thinking about being the Joker, from Batman...

I thought a bit then an idea hit me. Harley Quinn.

Me: Okay, thanks

I ran downstairs. "I know who I'm going to be now!" I squealed.

"Who?"

"Harley Quinn!"

"You don't even read comics," Dennis looked up at me from his phone.

"Doesn't matter, I know what she looks like."

"Oh alright, whatever you say but, we aren't going anywhere today. It's raining."

I groaned and went back upstairs ans flopped down in my bed.

My room was a lot different from Jamie's. I had mostly drawings on my cream colored walls. Yes, drawings. Drawings of all sorts. Some of them were straight forward and you could tell what they were about just by looking at them but others, even had me wondering what was going through my head when I did them. My phone chimed and I grabbed it. It was a text from Jamie.

Jamie: I don't know if I'm coming to the Halloween party

Me: Why not?
Me: You have to come!

Jamie: I don't know, I know what I'll be but I don't know if I want to come.

I sighed loudly into my sheets.

Me: Jay, you're coming to the party, no backing out.

Jamie: But I don't wanna