Chapter Twenty-Eight

Audreys POV

I ran as fast as I could til my legs hurt and I fell to the cold, hard ground.

I mumbled under my breath as I filled up my lungs with air.

"Hey?"

I looked up at the sound of the new voice, a boy walked up to me, his green eyes were filled with nothing but concern, he was handsome however, with brown hair that was stringy and covered up most of his eyes. Who was this man?

I didn't say anything, I was speechless.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he stretched out his hand.

I was too scared to grab hold of it, the memories will still be with me for the rest of my life.

"Its okay," he said kindly, "I won't hurt you."

I swallowed hard as I grabbed his hand, he lifted me up from the ground, our eyes locked instantly.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Tristan," he smiled, showing pearly white teeth, "I just moved here from Sweden."

"Sweden," I gasped, "well, thats next to Denmark, and I'm from Denmark." I honestly don't know what I was just saying right now, I'm just so nervous.

"Really? Which part?"

"Aarhus," I smiled back, "its a nice little city, but has a lot of freakin' jerks living there."

Tristan laughed a little, "I bet," he said, "where are you heading off to?"

That was a question I had no answer for, "actually, I don't know."

"You can stay at my place if you want, its just a block away from here."

I thought for a second, maybe I could stay at his place for a while until everything dies down, a good hiding spot perhaps but, I don't trust him though, what if he's like Joe Jr?

I pushed away the thoughts out of my head and excepted his offer.

"Great," Tristan replied, "I was just going to get myself a bite to eat, wanna join me?"

"Of course."

***

After we had our little dinner together, I followed Tristan to his townhouse.

I stepped inside and was amazed. The walls were painted a light grey color, a glass chandelier was hanging above the guest room, I walked over and sat down on the comfortable crimson colored sofa, the floor was covered with multi-colored tile that was absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow," I gazed the room, "you live here?"

Tristan nodded his head, "I do." He sat at the end of the couch, "so, tell me about yourself?"

"What is there to tell?" I asked.

"Anything."

"Well, my name is Audrey Morris, just in case you want to know, and I just moved here from Denmark, I have two little sisters and my mother just got married to Chris Martin."

Man, that was a mouth full.

"I have a little sister as well," Tristan said, "I haven't seen her in almost six years."

"Wow, what happened?"

"For the first seven years of my sisters life my father did his best to care for her, because she was mentally retarded. I was a freshman in high school when I last saw her again, because my father decided to ship her off to a hospital in America." Tristan lowered his head as sadness fell over him.

"What was her name?"

"Signe," Tristan looked up at me, "her name was Signe."