Round 4

Round 4 ;) <3

The battle is down to the two of us - me and I.  I almost don’t know who to root for anymore.  How do you defeat yourself? How do you destroy your worst enemy and your best friend? Are you as lost as I am dear reader?

“There’s still time to surrender!” I scream, clenching my fists.  I’m trying to sound confident when really I just want to crawl in a hole and cry.  I have no chance of winning this fight.

 The taller, prettier, smarter but distinctively eviler version of me drops her hands to her sides and laughs. She’s stealing all my mannerisms…oh wait…right.  I just can’t get over the creepiness of seeing myself in action.

How did I get mixed up in all of this anyway?  I should have ignored them. I should have believed them to be crazy people who belong in a mental hospital. Hang my curiousity!  Even as these thoughts shoot through my mind, something nags me. Who would save the world then? You are the only one who could do it.

Those were the exact words he spoke to me before they left. Those were the words that changed my mind.  Those words and that smile, and those eyes.  

I clear my head.  I need to be focused if I want to have even a remote chance of winning this battle.  I don't think of the day that started it all, the day that changed my life.

"Well why don't you?" she says mockingly.  "I hate to do this, you know.  You are me.  Younger and more foolish but still me.  Are you sure you want to fight? You will die, you know."

"I hate to do it too, Ari. But I have to, unless you give up this super-villain act..."

 "Oh Ari, someday you would have learnt that this way is the best way. What a shame you have to die when you are still so young and so stupid."

 "Fine!" I scream. I have never felt so angry. I run towards her, blinded by tears of rage. But she just grins and punches me so hard that I blackout.I hear her chuckle faintly before I lose consciousness.  "So smart," she says, sarcastically.

I begin to dream.  Memories...