Round 6

Round 6 ;) <3

The night I commit murder is the night it snows for the first time.

As I trudge home in the darkness, I feel cold both on the outside and the inside.  I am dreading something terrible.  What I did tonight will not pass unnoticed.  My enemies are planning my death and I am expecting a slow, torturous one.

I swallow as a series of chills runs up my spine.  What have I gotten myself into? 

This is not the life I wanted.  Sure it was a pretty cool surprise to suddenly discover my powers.  And protecting humanity is wonderful but I never expected to have to worry about such evil villains or about making such hard sacrifices along the way. For a young girl, my reality is not a desirable one.

Sighing, I make my way home.  The house is isolated and surrounded by lots of land.  And though I can’t shake the feeling of being watched no matter where I am, home feels a lot safer than the open road.

It is actually quite a pretty scene; the snow falling and making white layers all around.

I let myself in and greet my father who is resting in the living room. He doesn’t ask questions on where I’ve been or what’ve done.  He often says he only gets more puzzled by my answers, or as they really are- pathetic lies.

The television is on and I take no notice of it until I hear the news reporter say something about the incident tonight- the incident that involved me killing a man.  She’s going to ruin everything.  I can’t let a single soul hear what she is about to say.  

I have no choice.  This is an emergency.  As much as I hate using my powers(actually I really enjoy it), this must be done…

So I concentrate on that one thought that changes everything.  Suddenly, the news reporter stops talking.  My father stops moving.  That fly I was about to swat has frozen in midair. 

 There.  I’ve frozen time until I can think of a way to fix things.  The only people who will be able to resist the time freeze are my superiors and the really top class evil villains. Therefore this whole scheme is actually still quite dangerous.

I know I need to quickly come up with a plan.  I pace the room, trying to think.  The sight of my frozen father cracks me up every now and then though, and it is still hard to concentrate.

That's when I hear something I never hear during a time freeze. The sound of movement.  Or any sound at all.

Instantly, I snap my head to the window and nearly cry out when I spot a girl creeping about outside. 

A messenger of the enemy, I reason.  My death is near... or at least my execution is.  I'm going to try my very best to avoid death.