Round 5

Woohoo I made it this far!  *Do my little happy dance*

And now it's time to get serious as I write...

Round 5  ;) <3

  Erica wanted to laugh when Romeo stabbed himself.  Not necessarily at Romeo, but at the mere fact that a person would be so stupid and so blinded by ‘love’ that they would go through such extremes.  “Seriously Mom?” she thought, as she rolled her eyes.  “This is what you made me join the Drama club for?"

  She wasn’t even acting in the play, which was what she thought drama was about anyway.  When the drama teacher who ran the club saw Erica’s poor acting skills a couple months earlier, she could've at least turned her away.  But apparently the club was scrunting for members or the woman was determined to make Erica’s life miserable, because she insisted on giving her backstage jobs.

  That's why she was there on that awful Friday night, sitting above the stage and adjusting the spotlights for the dress rehearsal  while that annoying, way too peppy Jasmine played Juliet, and that weird nerd guy named Albert played Romeo.

  The play ended pretty quickly after that, and at least the two families; the Capulets and the M people (Erica could never remember the whole name) became reunited in the end.  She supposed it took a stupid deed to get people’s attention.

  "And that's a wrap!" said  Mrs. Lillian.  "Excellent, excellent!" she began.  "Now have a seat before you change and we shall discuss a few issues."

   Erica couldn't believe it.  She wasn't letting them go yet?  "But it's nine o' clock!" she blurted, as she had a habit of doing.  

   Mrs.  Lillian shot her a look that quickly silenced her and proceeded.  "Allright, what do you think we are going to do first?"

   Erica mentally rolled her eyes.  "Hmm...I dunno, play bingo?" she thought bitterly.

   Actually, Mrs.  Lillian was going to line them up and make them talk about their performances that night and say what they believed they should work on. "Who would like to go first?'

    Albert volunteered.  "Well I just want to begin by saying that I can't help but appreciate Mr.  Shakespeare's great masterpiece.  And every time I play Romeo, I feel so proud to be able to be a part of such a fantastic work of art."

  Erica raised an eyebrow.  What kind of guy calls Shakespeare Mr.?  And seriously? Did he just call it a work of art?  Does he really believe that?

  She took one look at the oblivious Albert, green eyes aglow and so much passion showing on his face.  She realised at once that there was no doubt that he did believe it.  There was something else in his face too.  It was almost as if he wanted everyone to believe it along with him.  Like he felt something he wanted to share with the world.

  Erica thought that in itself was beautiful...if only he wasn't so passionate about a silly play like Romeo and Juliet.