F I V E - Get Bun Up For Playing With Fire

Samira Indika-Khan

Don't fuck with him if you know you can't handle the heat. Menace, that name holds weight on these streets. Don't believe me? Push the wrong button and you'll see.

God save anyone who disrespected the King. Years of snaking caused anger to build up within. 

Used to be holy, now he lives a life full of sin. 

- Sailing Souls 1:2

"I said scuse' me, little miss." He repeated, yet I didn't budge. No time, did I have to be faced with whatever bullshit the group had to tell me this time around. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, and sulking off - I heard him mutter. "Ain't my fault she dropped that."

Dropped what? Falling for his trap, I crouched down once I felt as though he had gone.

My hands coasted the floor.

Nothing before me was mine.

Fuck you three times, I rambled noticing the crumpled up piece of paper just laying there.

"Baby, bend your back and then dig it. Dig it!" They all jeered, jumping up and down as they held on to one another whilst making a mockery of me.

"Shut up!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but it seemed as though they hadn't heard a thing - since they were far too busy cheering and mocking. "Can't you hear me? I said stop!" I whispered this time, placing one hand over each ear in attempts to drown them out.

I knew what was coming . .

I just knew . .

The fucking fisherman rap was underway.

"Mira ain't got a man! But we understand - cause' she dresses like one fisherman. Body set slim like a tin can, go catch them fish as fast as you can!" They cheered. Even though I had both my hands settled over my ears, I caught every word. This was the rap my best friends 'kindly' made for me a few years back. And ever since then? The whole area has been chanting it.

"M - mandem, mandem. Say no more . ." One of them spluttered. "Ay, shut up." I heard the sound of hitting, as though he was smacking them in an effort to bring their attention to something, or someone . .

"The usual please." I smiled. And nearly choked from the moment I heard his familiar, deep, sexy, panty-wetting voice say that as he stepped foot into the shop.

"Listen," He growled through gritted teeth. "I don't wanna hear nuttin' about I lost your money, Menace. If my shit ain't with me by midnight, yeah? you might lose your life - bitch boy."