Chapter 19

Gusion pursed his lip as the goddess approved of their team choice. He could already see Alucard screaming, WHAT? and facepalm at their team choices.

"We shall battle," Lunox said, "in the land of brawn!"

Next to him, Miya said, "Uh, what?"

"Begin!" The entire room in front of them had shifted to a new battleground, with only a single lane and brown for the theme. There were merely two turrets and one base on a side, the opposing side mirroring the first.

They were in the base, right before the crystal. Unlike the simulation they had experienced, this had no regeneration, only the minor speed boost. Gusion could vaguely make out Lunox on the opposite base, all alone.

Hey, there's five of them, and one of her, so this should be easy, right?

Don't forget that one of her is the all-powerful goddess that looped them all in this mess into the first place.

"Don't die," Lesley muttered. "We can do this."

They had one chance, and one chance only. No respawns. No retribution. No nothing. The rest of the school had vanished as soon as the location changed, so they must be left behind. They won't know what's going on.

They moved out. Minions followed them, but they were weaker than the beta ones. This was not the land for endurance and cleverness. It was the place where the best rises and triumph over the weak.

This is a brawl.

They are not weak. They will prevail.

"Kill the minions first!" Gusion called. "Lesley and Harley, hide in the bushes!"

Lesley nodded. Harley looked like he might protest, but his sister dragged him along before he could ruin anything like Peter Quill from Avengers Infinity War. Gusion was left with Angela and Miya to fulfil the plan. Angela could heal, but they had to play it safe.

Miya slain the minions. Lunox had given them a head start. She was looking down on them.

But that head start was done. Lunox had retreated from the protection of her turret. The golden orb on her right shoulder glowed proudly, and she launched her first attack. Three golden orbs fell on their minions, and they died instantly. This goddess is the definition of overpowered. They were the definition of idiotic challengers from Pokémon.

Miya aimed and managed to get a hit on her. Her HP fell a measly bit, but she used another gold attack and she recovered.

"Great," Miya said. "She can heal herself."

Lunox smiled cruelly. "You were fools to play against me."

A dark purple and gold symbol appeared on the ground beneath them, and it slashed through them. Though there was no physical damage, they still felt pain. A quarter of their health was gone.

Lesley and Harley, on the other hand, was tempted to jump out and attack the goddess with their combined attack pattern. But they had seen what she could do. Gusion had told them to stay put no matter what.

Angela healed Miya and Gusion repeatedly. Lunox's assault didn't stop. She constantly changed from dark attacks to light, and repeat. It was hard to even get a single hit on her.

Gusion used his ultimate. He teleported next to her, and five daggers damaged her. They recalled to him on his signal, and half her HP was down. He slid back to his friends, and Lunox blinked at him innocently like she was the victim.

"You don't want to hurt your future bride, do you?" she asked sweetly.

Gusion gagged.

Lunox used her gold attack again and healed herself. Gusion had displayed her ultimate. The rest of them had not. Lunox's ultimate was sure to be dangerous.