prologue.

———————————— blue.
prologue,                    two years ago.
act one.    ———————————

When she looked into Father Blackwood's eyes, she saw the darkness, the rage

When she looked into Father Blackwood's eyes, she saw the darkness, the rage... the resignation to Satan, and the urge for her to do the same. And so, it begged the question; does Heather Cromwell really want to sign her name away? She thought about the good things of her mortal life ー her younger friends, Betty Cooper and Kevin Keller, late nights watching scary movies with them when they thought her aunts didn't know they were there, the raspberry milkshakes before school from Pops, and sleepovers with ー her blood suddenly ran cold at the thought of the girl she loved ー the girl she had thought loved her back. Cheryl Blossom.

And she made her decision, wincing as his cold hands grasped her warm ones, dragging the knife across the palm of her hand, her blood splattering onto the scroll. Putting the knife back down, Father Blackwood offered her the pen to write away her name. Her soul.

Taking it, she decided to dare, "Can I make a deal, Father Blackwood?" Confused mutters rippled through the crowd of their Coven members, and the man raised an eyebrow, half annoyed, half intrigued. "Whatever do you mean, child?" He asked, silencing the mutters of the witches and warlocks surrounding them. "In two years, I would like to return to the mortal school, in Riverdale," Father Blackwood squinted his eyes, letting her continue, even as the mutters of hate grew into shouts. "I have seen a prophesy concerning the residents of Riverdale. The terrible things to come, in only a few years."

"And why, pray tell, do you want to go back? Do you wish to stop it? Because a witch ー" Heather hastily interrupted him, "The opposite, actually, Father." When he lifted an eyebrow, she continued, feeling fire burn in her heart. The man before her watched as her eyes became darker than before, rage spilling like bloody tears from them, a sinister smirk playing on her lips. "I want to watch as the girl who betrayed me gets thrown into a living hell. I want the parents of my old friends pray to the False God, as they watch their lives, children, and town... crumble by their own hands. I want revenge by watching my enemies destroy themselves."

He smirked back, and watched with gleeful eyes as she signed her name and soul, to the Dark Lord, Satan. And just like that, Heather Cromwell became Kazu Ai, her heart spinning with the sinister and exciting knowledge that she would bare witness to the downfall of Riverdale, The Town With Pep!

EXTRA COMING SOON!