Quattro.

-A week later-

"I can't believe we fucked on the first date!"

James giggled.

"Well, we're in love. Why should we have to wait?"

"True" I sighed.

"Gavin. Gavin. Hey. Hey Gavin."

"What?" I groaned.

He put on a singsong voice.

"We should go outside, lalala, while it's still warm, lalala."

Five minutes later we stepped out the door into the first warm day of winter.

"WOAH!"

I slipped on a patch of grass. Lucky, James caught me mid-fall.

"You're DEAD! Oh my god, now I have to give CPR!"

He crashed his lips onto mine. We stood there for a few minutes, just kissing, and when we broke apart something caught my eye.

"Mum? What are you doing here?"

She glared at me.

"The question is, what are YOU doing here?"

I decided to stand up to her.

"Kissing my boyfriend" I replied coldly.

"BOYFRIEND? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? You stupid queer, you were brought up better than that!"

Jake must have heard the yelling, because he was suddenly at the scene. Actually, a few neighbours were peeping out their windows.

He coughed to make his presence known.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Jackson. What is the problem here?"

Her face was a very interesting colour now.

"THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN A BAD INFLUENCE ON MY SON! YOU TURNED HIM INTO A FAGGOT JUST LIKE YOU!"

I expected him to crack the shits at her, but he just calmly said "People are born gay. You can't change your sexual orientation."

"Fuck you, queer! Gavin! Pack your bags. You're living on the streets now!"

She stormed off.

Jake turned to me.

"If you ever need a place to stay, you can always crash-"

James cut him off. "I got this. I have a spare ticket back to America, in case I lose mine. Go pack your bags. You're not safe here. You're coming to the States."

"I love you James, you know that?"