Jesse + Potato

Jesse went outside one day after deciding it was time to get a healthier diet. He only ever ate cookies, so he thought adding vegetables might help.

Since he wasn't really a big fan of vegetables, Jesse had to get Lukas to recommend some really good vegetables for him.

"What vegetables should I eat, Lukas?" Jesse ask, wanting to become healthy.

"Eat potatoes!" Lukas yelled, "Potatoes are the best vegetable in the world and all the other ones can go home."

Jesse has been told to eat potatoes, so that's what he was going to do. He didn't really know where to get potatoes from, so he went to the supermarket, hoping there would be some there.

As luck would have it, there was one potato left! Jesse took it from the shelf and paid for it.

When Jesse got home, he held his new potato in his hands and wondered what he was suppose to do with it. He didn't know how to cook the potato, so he called Lukas, who had now deemed to be the go-to guy for all potato related issues he might have.

"How do you cook a potato?" Jesse asked, "Do you eat it raw?"

"No! No!" Lukas exclaimed, you have to boil the potato, with very hot water!"

"Gasp!" Jesse gasped, "Hot water can be dangerous, can't it?"

"Jesse, sometimes you have to suffer to feel the joys of potatoes."

Jesse didn't want to suffer just to eat a potato, but he knew what he had to do. He boiled a pot of water, and then dropped his potato into it. The water splashed a bit, which made Jesse jump back, but it was all just fine.

Once Jesse's potato was finished cooking, he put it on his finest plate. Then he managed to dig out some silverware. If he was really gonna enjoy his vegetable, it had to be eaten properly.

"Don't eat me!" cried the potato, as Jesse's fork neared its head.

"Oh," Jesse said, slightly surprised by his potato's sudden yelp. "Well... I'm going to anyway, because I need to eat more vegetables."

"Don't do it! Please, look into your heart!"

"I can't! Otherwise a doctor will be looking into my heart pretty soon!"

The potato couldn't argue. They didn't want Jesse to die, or have to go to the hospital because he was ill. Despise this, they still didn't want to be eaten by him. They decided to bargain with him, so they could save their life.

"Jesse," the potato said, "don't eat me, have you ever tried carrots? That's a good vegetable."

Jesse shook his head, "I want to try potatoes, though. Please, let me try potatoes."

The potato just screamed until Jesse eventually had to give up. He wanted to eat potato, but that vegetable had taught him that it is more important to listen to friends than try to be healthy.