Chapter 9: Behind the Corner

•Ichigo Kurosaki•

It wasn't his fault. The Senkai Gate just opened up on it's own, and it showed up in the middle of the Captain Meeting. He didn't mean to crash land onto the old man and collapse onto his face. He didn't mean for Yamamoto to yell in rage "ICHIGO KUROSAKI!!!" so that everyone could hear. It wasn't his fault.

Okay maybe just a little.

The tall male groaned as he rubbed his head which was throbbing in pain and screaming colors of blue and yellow. He cracked his neck and massaged it as his vision began to clear. Infront of him was the old head captain, passed out cold on the wooden floor. Above his "lifeless" body was the 4th captain, Unohana Retsu, who was staring at Yamamoto with wide eyes and her zanpakuto shaking in her hands.

"H-Head Captain!?!?"

She shierked. Unohana began to shake Yamamoto back in forth, looking very frantic and anxious. Ichigo on the other hand felt awkward and embarassed. He slowly got up and was about to leave when Toshiro stopped him.

"Kurosaki!"

Toshiro said, trying to balance on Byakuya's shoulders. The white haired captain was still sitting on the broad shoulders of the 6th captain, with a stern look on his face.

"What were you thinking?!"

Toshiro exclaimed. Ichigo did not reply right away because this sight was too hilarious to him. The head of Toshiro on Byakuya's body...it was too much! The strawberry boy began to laugh and held his stomach as the ice cold captain looked at Ichigo in rage.

"Don't laugh! I just-"

"HAHAHAHA I'M SORRY TOSHIRO BUT YOU LOOK SO FUNNY!!! AND WHY DID BYAKUYA AGREE TO THIS!?!?!?! THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE STUPIDEST THING YOU GUYS HAVE EVER DONE!!!"

Toshiro and Byakuya replied in silence for a minute as they stared at Ichigo. Then, with the legs of Byakuya, the two captains walked away from the orange haired shinigami and out of the meeting room, looking very embarrassed and enraged. Ichigo waved them goodbye and stood up, brushing off his shoulders. His carmel eyes scanned the room, spotting a blushing Mayuri and Kensei, a bald Shinji, a giggling Kyoraku and Soifon, a guitar playing Rose, and-oh of course-the shrieking and frantic Unohana.

And he thought that the Soul Society was suppose to be proffesional and sophisticated.

•Unohana Retsu•

She was going to die. She could feel her soul slipping out of her body, her eyes rolling in the back of her skull. Her palms were pale and clammy, sweat pouring down her face. She shivered in fright, her shoulders as heavy as boulders. She had just knocked out the Head Captain. She couldn't forgive herself.

However, she was not an idiot. She couldn't just sit there and sputter at Yamamoto's body. She had to take charge. She untied her ebony hair and rose herself up, staring at her fellow captains in disgust and disappointment. The captains felt her gaze and quickly stood back into their lines, shaking slightly. Unohana glared at them, a cold aura entering the room which was not from the air outside. She cleared het throat.

"Everyone please-"

A large dog with Ukitake in its mouth came barging into the room, drooling and panting. Komamura seemed to have wood pieces on his bum with bloodshot and crazed eyes.

"I'M SO SORRY I'M LATE! I WAS STUCK ON A TABLE AND-"

His furry paws then tripped over the 1st Captain's body and with a thud, he fell to the ground. Ukitake looked terribly ill in the mouth of the wolf captain, his face green and pale.